Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh Great another mouthy dick on NSC. He's 78 which bit of that is hard to grasp? They broke into his house. Jog on and annoy someone else eh...

A perfectly reasonable question, to which you have responded with abuse.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
A perfectly reasonable question, to which you have responded with abuse.

Yep I have and? He Seventy Eight, 78, two years off 80 which bit do you both struggle with?...

You can of course have a contrary opinion, but I will settle for my old fashioned judgemental one that if you break into a pensioners house then I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

If you don't like it I'm struggling to give a **** to be honest...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I fully understand the reasons for the police not simply saying: 'ok this was self-defence, you're off the hook mate' (process etc) but surely no
judge and/or jury are going to convict this blokie are they?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep I have and? He Seventy Eight, 78, two years off 80 which bit do you both struggle with?...

You can of course have a contrary opinion, but I will settle for my old fashioned judgemental one that if you break into a pensioners house then I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

I'm saying you are being judgemental without knowing all the facts. I couldn't care less about your opinion on it.
I do care about you calling other posters mouthy dicks.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I fully understand the reasons for the police not simply saying: 'ok this was self-defence, you're off the hook mate' (process etc) but surely no

Of course not, but that won’t stop people going nuts over this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

The legal process must be followed and at this stage it catches the headlines.

No jury will ever convict this old man of murder.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

The legal process must be followed and at this stage it catches the headlines.

No jury will ever convict this old man of murder.

Even the Tony Martin case had to prove beyond reasonable doubt, the kids were running away and he shot them in the back. The burglary victims have all my sympathy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh Great another mouthy dick on NSC. He's 78 which bit of that is hard to grasp? They broke into his house. Jog on and annoy someone else eh...

A bit unnecessary.

I hope you never sit on a jury !

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
So all that has happened is that he is in custody answering police questions? It's hardly the world going to the dogs is it. Sounds like a bog standard move by the police in a potential (but seemingly unlikely) murder case whilst they get to the bottom of what went on.

What else would people expect the police to do in this situation?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure what folk are fretting about.

Standard investigation.

The law in this country is pretty good in this area (despite what people like/are taught to think).

No-one has the full facts- but I'm confident that if it was merely self-defence it won't go any further.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If someone breaks into your house they should be fair game, self defence or not.

Kind of. Folk who use force to deal with burglars rarely get in ultimate trouble. But I'm not sure that a blank canvass should be offered to the homeowner.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Good on the old man, hope he's back home and feeling safe as soon as possible.

Want to break into, invade and steal from someone else's property, you've got to be prepared to face any consequence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here