Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So todays Ref Chris Kavanagh

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
Before blaming the female assistant on the east side for two decisions for throw ins that were probably wrong, why did she have to make those decisions from 30/40 metres away, when in both cases the ref was considerably closer?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thought the ref was excellent. Leicester fans moaning about the number of bookings, but they all looked yellow cards to me - as did our two. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the penalty - tbh didn't look like one, but would need to see it again. Sian Massey made some bizarre decisios, but disappointed to hear fans saying she must be crap because she's a woman. We've had plenty of crap male linos too!

People around me were moaning when she gave a throw in to Leicester, but the ball had glanced off Locardia, so she was being abused even though she called it right.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Where is the thread about the useless female assistant referee?
I'm being very PC here :wink::wink::wink:

She was poor. Well, quite dreadful. I was rather hoping she wouldn't get her own thread as the misogynists would be creaming themselves. But, yes, it became comical. That said, I thought the bloke on the other side made a couple of clangers.

The ref seemed fine except that I thought a booking for a foul on The Greyhound seemed like a very good tackle.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sian Massey is far from being inexperienced.

First PL match in 2010. That's why I'm pretty shocked at her performance today. She just wasn't with it for some reason.

As for those sexist tw@, they can do one. She's done well despite all that sniding.

But today, I don't know what was wrong for her.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloke on the West was a bit crap as well wasn’t he ? People down that end seemed to think he got a few offsides wrong.

Ref wasn’t the reason we lost.

It's difficult to tell from the north stand, but I could have sworn their number 5 was playing Murray on at least for two of his flags.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought the ref in general was pretty good - a bit card happy near the end but let a lot go before that, so had to level it up eventually.

Until i've seen it on MOTD, i'm still not sure it was a 2nd yellow for Ndidi - thought Duffy made a lot of it. Happy to be proved otherwise though.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Thought the referee was largely fine today. Not helped by his incompetent assistant on the East Side. Should have booked Schmeichel for his constant mithering and time wasting

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I thought he was a bit whistle happy - but ok otherwise.

Lino on the east stand side was appalling.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
She was poor. Well, quite dreadful. I was rather hoping she wouldn't get her own thread as the misogynists would be creaming themselves. But, yes, it became comical. That said, I thought the bloke on the other side made a couple of clangers.

The ref seemed fine except that I thought a booking for a foul on The Greyhound seemed like a very good tackle.

I'm sure her flag changed direction 3 times for one decision :shrug:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Thought the ref in general was pretty good - a bit card happy near the end but let a lot go before that, so had to level it up eventually.

Until i've seen it on MOTD, i'm still not sure it was a 2nd yellow for Ndidi - thought Duffy made a lot of it. Happy to be proved otherwise though.
Not seen MOTD yet but saw it on the concourse after the game and it looked like Ndidi didn't touch Duffy at all. Absolute quality strop thou gh, reminded me of one of my kids age d about 2 in a Co op in Hove some years ago😀

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely hands-down the best referee in the division. I am yet to see Mr. Kavanagh have a poor game. Got everything absolutely spot on today, to the letter of the law as well as no Michael Oliver/Mike Dean theatrics/posing. Comfortably the country's top ref, ahead of Anthony Taylor.

Sian Massey had a good game - a few dodgy calls, but I really wouldn't have noticed if the thugs around me hadn't kept yelling nonsense like 'should be home making the tea, love'. I was so embarrassed that they support the same team as I do.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've seen Sian Massey have good games, but this wasn't one of them. She gave the impression that she was, as people have said, just guessing quite a lot of the time.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I like Kavanagh, I think he is one of the best in the league and generally got most things right today. Sian Massey is also usually good but may have just had a bad day at the office today. I would still prefer to see her on the line ahead of a lot of the men we’ve had this season

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I like Kavanagh, I think he is one of the best in the league and generally got most things right today. Sian Massey is also usually good but may have just had a bad day at the office today. I would still prefer to see her on the line ahead of a lot of the men we’ve had this season

And that probably explains why we have not refs going to the world cup!!

Morgan was frequently giving Murray a bear hug but nothing given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here