Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I am trying very hard to remember and think it was either Spurs in 79/80 or Arsenal 1980. It may even have been West Ham.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I think it may have been West Brom away in the Cup, a 0-2 win to the Albion. If that was the same year as we beat Palace 2-0 at the Goldstone, my first ever Albion game, it probably was but fecked if I can remember but I very clearly remember the joy of the West Brom game.

We beat Palace 2-0 at The Goldstone in Feb. 1976, and won 2-0 at West Brom , in The League Cup, in Sept. 1976, with 2 goals from Peter Ward.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
44A427C7-F7EC-4255-B1BE-6ACBBAB13EE8.png
Mansfield 1970 - also my first football match

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I couldn't resist

WBA & Sunderland didn't play that day

Midweek game?

Possible candidates for dishing out shoeing are

Newcastle played at Chelsea that night

As did Darlington at Aldershot

Timings seem out,unless they never made the game

The only other game that night was

Leicester v PNE

I reckon it was Preston fans

We beat Walsall in a game played at WBA because the Walsall pitch was unfit yet they were far behind on fixtures.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
April 1969, lost 3-0 at Luton. Ground was a dump, as befitting the town. Pitch had barely any grass

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Pompey..... early 70's. I dont recall the result, just Powney making one glorious save and plenty of lively action with the crowd and the local Police.
Happy days of youth!
This was my first away match in 1972. Certainly lively before the match as I got into Portsmouth in the morning and was on my toes almost straight away.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it may have been West Brom away in the Cup, a 0-2 win to the Albion. If that was the same year as we beat Palace 2-0 at the Goldstone, my first ever Albion game, it probably was but fecked if I can remember but I very clearly remember the joy of the West Brom game.

@Icy , that 2-0 Goldstone win over CP was my second Albion match, my first a couple of weeks before a 6-0 win over Colchester who’s goalie was Dave Walker (1990’s Norwich & Everton manager). Well over 33,000 at the floodlit CP victory.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I couldn't resist

WBA & Sunderland didn't play that day

Midweek game?

Possible candidates for dishing out shoeing are

Newcastle played at Chelsea that night

As did Darlington at Aldershot

Timings seem out,unless they never made the game

The only other game that night was

Leicester v PNE

I reckon it was Preston fans

I think it was chelsea, I think i got the date wrong .....sorry (i have been out drinking x)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Swindon Town 1977? - already achieved promotion by beating massive at 3-2 home the preceding saturday so this was free game which we lost 2-1.

After the previous match being abandoned with us 4-0 down...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here