Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Touching-up v Snowflakes

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Maybe I should have been more explicit when talking about the 'gentlemen' but yes, I was talking about the ones that over stepped the mark, I was using the inverted commas to make that distinction.

I think that comparing unwanted sexual attention while working at a charity function to hen nights and even the naked butler thing (if that is what it was) is comparing apples and oranges. The huge distinction in both cases is consent.

The huge similarity in both cases is a night with p*ssed up members of (exclusively) the opposite sex, who you have been hired to entertain for one reason and one reason only, because you are sexy.

& How do you know what someone working a hen night has consented to?

I posted an interview given by a women who has worked the President's Club and similar events, she said that men's behavior is generally pretty good and the women who are working are well protected, when people cross the line other people step in, and people who do cross the line get thrown out. She also said that women on women's only nights (which includes charity events by the way) behave far worse and she works with a male who has been sexually assaulted on almost every occasion they have worked together, and people laugh when it happens.

I'm consistent, I think that is sh*tty behavior on the part of those women, and at the same time the person involved can probably decide how to handle it himself, and decide for himself if he wants to continue working nights like that.

Now you be consistent and call for an end to hen nights, and condemn them all as disgusting and the women who attend them as grubby pervs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I agree with the freedom of choice movement, but only after having been made fully aware of the risks before starting the job.
As far as these dart girls are concerned, it would seem that they clearly don't have a problem with what they do, going by their appeal and I don't ever remember hearing about about them having any problems at the darts tournaments.
I would never condone sexism or the abuse that can be associated with it, but maybe the circumstances of the job in question should be investigated before putting people out of work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The huge similarity in both cases is a night with p*ssed up members of (exclusively) the opposite sex, who you have been hired to entertain for one reason and one reason only, because you are sexy.

& How do you know what someone working a hen night has consented to?

I posted an interview given by a women who has worked the President's Club and similar events, she said that men's behavior is generally pretty good and the women who are working are well protected, when people cross the line other people step in, and people who do cross the line get thrown out. She also said that women on women's only nights (which includes charity events by the way) behave far worse and she works with a male who has been sexually assaulted on almost every occasion they have worked together, and people laugh when it happens.

I'm consistent, I think that is sh*tty behavior on the part of those women, and at the same time the person involved can probably decide how to handle it himself, and decide for himself if he wants to continue working nights like that.

Now you be consistent and call for an end to hen nights, and condemn them all as disgusting and the women who attend them as grubby pervs.

As i said it is all about consent, Let me put it simply for you. If someone in the course of their work gets sexually harassed or assaulted (this implies there is no consent on the part fo the worker) then there is a problem and whoever is guilty should be charged as such and every effort within reason should be made to ensure that this doesn't happen again. This would include hen nights if that is when it happened.

I think this is pretty consistent and we appear to be in agreement on this.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
9 idiots. Only the Sun and the Mail have this as a major story - that's all you need to know. But hey, spread the word, make a big deal out of it which begs the question who's the snowflake?
Its not just ''9 idiots'' though is it , but you knew that already............

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
9 idiots. Only the Sun and the Mail have this as a major story - that's all you need to know. But hey, spread the word, make a big deal out of it which begs the question who's the snowflake?

I wonder if they have broken the record for mentioning Jeremy Corbyn's name. Still struggling to see what he had to do with anything, I suppose some people will do anything to further their agenda.

Should I add my voting history to this post?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Snowflakes / Social Justice Warriors claim to be tolerant and attempt to bully others to accept their values. Only not so tolerant when it comes to accepting the views of people they disagree with. This is a very good reason not to have a Corbyn government.

Voting in governments on the basis of the tolerance of their voters would run us in circles pretty quickly.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Brighton turn me on.jpg

Currently for sale on eBay if anyone wishes to complain :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here