Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers at the club

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To bring in the kind of players OG would like is, IMO, not within the clubs financial parameters.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nearly all I've heard we needed just a tad more

With respect, what you've heard is a load of bollocks. The training ground had been ongoing for about a year by the time Bridcutt was sold. Besides, we had a bid for Grabban of 1.2m on the table. This alone indicates that there's money to spend.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
With respect, what you've heard is a load of bollocks. The training ground had been ongoing for about a year by the time Bridcutt was sold. Besides, we had a bid for Grabban of 1.2m on the table. This alone indicates that there's money to spend.

Yes 1.2m not forgetting we got 750k for Barnes, the rest has gone but think what you like

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I know this has been talked about before but i thought Oscar gave a very interesting response to a question given to him on the BBC.

"You talk about the transfer window! Is there things you hope to do differently next season?"

"Yeah alot! Now i know much better the league, i know much better the club, i know much better the players, i know much better alot of things!"

Has Oscar been keeping his powder dry in the transfer market?
This would make sense of Barber's remarks that Oscar has a better transfer budget then last year and our bemusement/ frustration at the lack of signings.
Maybe Oscar had the option to get players but has waited to see what the squad can do for a season!?

If so there could be big changes coming in the summer!

Has not got a clue how to motivate players , look at todays performance , and most of the home games , to me he is a coach not a manager

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
For a manager who didn't have a full season, with a club who had a turbulent summer, I am surprised that he has got us to 6th this season.
Yes, this season has been frustrating at times, the football has not been great, but I believe in Oscar and believe that next year will be our year.

Dream on , the football will be as dreary as this season , and we will be mid table

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To bring in the kind of players OG would like is, IMO, not within the clubs financial parameters.

We need to sell players in order to bring in players. If the club is intent on clearing out the remnants of the Poyet era there are 4 possibly 5 players who will attract transfer fees.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There seems to be a bit of cash to spend about.
I think with FFP a lot more free transfers of good quality will be available.
With us bidding and failing on Grabban i assume we will be looking for a pacey striker again this summer.
The back 4 needs a bit of work done on it as well.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Always said that the Championship is no job for someone who hasn't a clue about it and this season has proved me right but knowing nothing about a league doesn't excuse the performances at home this year
Actually for us to be in the top six with a boss who knows nothing about the Champioship is nothing short of astounding. how exactly has this season proved you right?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Always said that the Championship is no job for someone who hasn't a clue about it and this season has proved me right but knowing nothing about a league doesn't excuse the performances at home this year

We are 6th with 2 games to go.

You really do talk utter bollocks sometimes. :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here