Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will replace Ashley Barnes as target for the moaners?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If they we're truly dedicated moaners they'd follow him up there and leave the rest of the Albion fans to enjoy the fotball minus their moaning.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He has always frustrated me when he spends all that time trying to draw a foul when a defender is tight on him when there are better options. Much better in a front two and time will tell if he was over or underrated depending on how we do without him or how his replacement gets on. I won't miss his arm waving and his scowling though.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He has always frustrated me when he spends all that time trying to draw a foul when a defender is tight on him when there are better options. Much better in a front two and time will tell if he was over or underrated depending on how we do without him or how his replacement gets on. I won't miss his arm waving and his scowling though.

Wise words old fruit.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd say bruno or agustein

i always find that you never quite know how the moaners are going to react to a foreign player. I think its easier to become a bit of a cult hero as a foreigner, equally people label you as shit a lot quicker...especially if you're a bit of an unknown quantity and haven't got the reputation to fall back on

both bruno and agustein are both on the cusp of going either way. Both are a bit slow, which automatically makes you look lazy and both try outrageous things. Trying outrageous things can make you look much better than you are (if you get it right), or much worse than you are (if you get it wrong)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can I ask you a couple of questions then?

1. On the basis he's scored 45(ish) goals for us in the last 3.5 seasons (averaging about 12/13 per season) as an auxiliary striker or makeshift winger, what more could he have done to make you appreciate his contribution?

Errr, scored maybe just 50 per cent of the sitters he has missed? That would have doubled his tally

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Irony, huh?

Erm, yeah. I meant rather than "my nan could have scored that!" It'll be "Ashly Barnes could have scored that" to allow them to both criticise the new boo boy, and to still take digs at Barnes, rather than any genuine belief Barnes would have scored (even if he genuinely would, or even if the shot is actually a really difficult one that people have unrealistic expectations of anyone dealing with).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Barnes was a strange target for the moaners as traditionally they have gone for players who bottle a challenge, don't sprint back to cover, go sideways a lot and try exceedingly clever stuff that doesn't come off and results in a pathetic loss of possession. Traditionally tryers who give 100% have always been supported by the fans.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think it'll be Agustien unless he becomes more mobile and less flashy.

A lot of comments from around me at the Reading game about his Hollywood nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here