Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The rumour is the vote will be delayed, what for? It’s pointless delaying it. Nothings going to change.And I hope the EU play hard on their no further negotiation stance.

But Labour tell us there's a much better deal to be had. Where is it exactly?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
have you? i mean with verifiable sources? because i have heard from people involved in trade that, while concerned, dont think its a massive issue and the ports will continue to function.

I would like you to show the verifiable sources for your statement.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Based on this thread I reckon we could make a decent action figure out of PPF. One of those one's where you pull a string and it spouts out a couple of lines.

"Coming to a Poundland near you, the PPF action figure! Pull his (or her) string to hear one of three CLASSIC catch-phrases:

'Leave means leave!'
'Priceless!'
'Regards DR'

Be sure to pick yours up! Coming March, 2019!

Batteries sold separately, accessories not included""

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i was hoping for some sensible input, not jibes. tariffs would default to the existing EU, paperwork defaults to the existing system for dealing with non-EU. time taken to process everything would increase. most of this is other forum talk, i dont know if they know or speculate like WatfordO. one person i know personally in the transport industry says lorries backed up everywhere wont happen, because goods simply wont go out if thats likely - no haulage firms is going to put blokes and lorries on the road knowing they'll be stuck in Kent/Calais for days.

And those firms might well go under, if the choice is, get through even if it takes three days, or close the business, what would you do? If I have sold shit and need it delivered, I am pulling it from the firm that wont try, and putting it with the ones that will do their best.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
GE called, Jezza gets the nod.

Decides no better deal can be had, so changes mind about 2nd vote.

We stay in Europe and have Jezza for the next few years as PM.

By Christ I'm excited by all this.

We need a Poll on this time next year. In/Out, Red/Blue/Other, May/Jezza, Fooked/Partially Fooked

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Time for no deal. Just get on with it. No deal at least gives us certainty and will almost certainly mean the EU comes back with a better offer at some point in the future.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Time for no deal. Just get on with it. No deal at least gives us certainty and will almost certainly mean the EU comes back with a better offer at some point in the future.

Unlikely, more likely we crumble as we become more of a mess and BEG for a deal and they may throw us something.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May was in contempt of court last week and today will pull the plug on the vote because she faces certain defeat. Right now she's looking like the shittest dictator since Mugabe.
Ahem, a dictator is someone who is in complete control of all the official arms of the State. Now let's look at Mrs May.....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
GE called, Jezza gets the nod.

Decides no better deal can be had, so changes mind about 2nd vote.

We stay in Europe and have Jezza for the next few years as PM.

By Christ I'm excited by all this.

We need a Poll on this time next year. In/Out, Red/Blue/Other, May/Jezza, Fooked/Partially Fooked

Jezza wants out of Europe more than the Tories.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our government is an utter disgrace. Having the cheek to argue the EU is taking away sovereignty, then trying to prevent Parliament from having a meaningful vote, then granting it through gritted teeth, knocking back a TV debate over it, then pulling the plug on the vote the day before. Just an utter, utter, UTTER farce.

Doesn't this whole process prove our sovereignty is intact as we are able to leave the EU? The details of leaving are by the by, but our self determined sovereignty and the democratic rule of 'kicking them out' if we don't like it is now proved. If we don't like the EU we can leave it - we have sovereign democratic determination over it. Doesn't mean we actually have to.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hard to see any outcome other than a second referendum now? What deal can get past this parliament? Unless this was all a cunning plan to ensure the failure of Bexit I cannot see any way that May can survive this shambles and cluster**** of a negotiation . Regardless of your view on leaving in the first place, this government has to be one of the most incompetent in my lifetime which is saying something. We need not only a GE but a complete reevaluation of politics in this country. How can you vote based on your Brexit view regardless of what that is for either of the major parties? The Tories are a mess who cannot be trusted to govern let alone deliver Brexit and Labour cannot even produce the courage of their convictions to support a coherent position on the most important decision of this generation. A plague on both their houses.

Mission impossible for whoever emerges from this mess in charge. Withdraw A50 leaves you with a country that no longer believes in democracy and part of a Europe where we will inevitably be outsiders with less influence. Or leave with no deal that we have not prepared for with 100 days to find a workable customs solution with no technical solution available and all that comes with that.

We are well and truly ****ed....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hard to see any outcome other than a second referendum now? What deal can get past this parliament? Unless this was all a cunning plan to ensure the failure of Bexit I cannot see any way that May can survive this shambles and cluster**** of a negotiation . Regardless of your view on leaving in the first place, this government has to be one of the most incompetent in my lifetime which is saying something. We need not only a GE but a complete reevaluation of politics in this country. How can you vote based on your Brexit view regardless of what that is for either of the major parties? The Tories are a mess who cannot be trusted to govern let alone deliver Brexit and Labour cannot even produce the courage of their convictions to support a coherent position on the most important decision of this generation. A plague on both their houses.

Mission impossible for whoever emerges from this mess in charge. Withdraw A50 leaves you with a country that no longer believes in democracy and part of a Europe where we will inevitably be outsiders with less influence. Or leave with no deal that we have not prepared for with 100 days to find a workable customs solution with no technical solution available and all that comes with that.

We are well and truly ****ed....

Pretty much this. Not pretty times ahead, whatever happens now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here