Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got my email, voted no. Offer it as an option if people want to opt in, but I have no need for this membership at all.

D

Deleted member 2719

Twisted logic. This is being forced on me to spend £20 on something I would not use.
Junior Seagulls costs nothing and you missed out by your own negligence. My grandchildren didn't.

Without going over it all again, In short, I didn't see any benefit of having a load of marketing bumph which would have ended up in the bin as did my sons. The shirt was the pull because it's physical and practical and unforgettable, when it's given from the club.

This would have built a sustained long-term relationship and loyalty to the club coffers from myself and family. (so I missed the deadline by 2 days because I didn't read the small print) Customer services were rude and all the bosses above including Barber lack foresight or may I add don't give a toss because we now have the numbers to fill the seats.

WE ARE JUST A NUMBER.

The customer has no power, but what he does have is the right to stop spending with said company. Which is being done.

So the situation we now have is Barber yet again giving shite back in the return for hard cash and milking everyone.

Solution: STOP paying the club.

You WON'T do it and not will many others will, he is working your arms and your legs, so seize the opportunity and cut his strings.

Then run through the meadows,

https://youtu.be/MawR-tA61dM

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Without going over it all again, In short, I didn't see any benefit of having a load of marketing bumph which would have ended up in the bin as did my sons. The shirt was the pull because it's physical and practical and unforgettable, when it's given from the club.

This would have built a sustained long-term relationship and loyalty to the club coffers from myself and family. (so I missed the deadline by 2 days because I didn't read the small print) Customer services were rude and all the bosses above including Barber lack foresight or may I add don't give a toss because we now have the numbers to fill the seats.

WE ARE JUST A NUMBER.

The customer has no power, but what he does have is the right to stop spending with said company. Which is being done.

So the situation we now have is Barber yet again giving shite back in the return for hard cash and milking everyone.

Solution: STOP paying the club.

You WON'T do it and not will many others will, he is working your arms and your legs, so seize the opportunity and cut his strings.

You missed the shirt deadline? Who knew :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003

It would appear otherwise

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
So much OUTRAGE over £20 :lolol:

It’s not though. If prices went up £20 there might be the odd comment about TV money meaning any rise is unjustified but on the whole most people would shrug their shoulders and not worry about. If this membership for £20 was opt in I think the view for most would be thanks but no thanks and no upset. It’s the having to opt out which is the issue, which seems like it’s being done to catch out people who forget to opt out.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How about the club offer an incentive, like a free pint,to those season ticket holders to get their guests to become members ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How about the club offer an incentive, like a free pint,to those season ticket holders to get their guests to become members ?

and that would be absolutely fine. What I object to is that these guest tickets can be bought for anyone - so a person coming along to a one-off game for whatever reason gets the same ticket priority as bronze members who are loyal fans paying membership for several seasons (and the fact they are selling it cheaper than bronze memberships, which is a real boot to the face)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Good idea. That way the existing members don’t have (pretty much) their sole benefit- the ability to buy tix before ST guests - taken away.

PS - if the club get round to emailing me, it’ll be a “no” from me too. I’ve only ever bought guest tickets once.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve always disagreed with the Bronze membership rip off, so this idea can do one.

Priority for non season ticket holders should be based on purchase history. Period.

This idea is trying to advance people who can’t be arsed to buy their own tickets to the same level as those who can.

No. No. No. No. No.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Piss take.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stealth Tax, disgraceful as we are paying very high prices already

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Responded no. Rubbish idea, would opt out if it was brought in and will we be told what the result of the survey is and how they are going to respond to the survey result after the survey closes?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At this rate the club will have raised £180 (plus inadvertent opt ins). I wonder how much income has been forecasted.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stealth Tax, disgraceful as we are paying very high prices already

Agree. What’s really insulting is how it’s dressed up to look like the club are doing us a favour.

It also strikes me as short-sighted; Barber can get away with this now but once demand drops he’s going to have to dismantle a lot of what he’s been doing over the past few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here