Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]
Money to REMF?

Very honourable to come on here so soon after last night, and with the sole intent to pay out a bet. Very impressive indeed.

Let’s say £100 to REMF, and £100 to your charity of choice - one of the cancer ones, if I recall correctly.

Did you go last night?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], [MENTION=13941]ArfurW8[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION] and are a different class of Nigel from the multitude of gobby smug twats that only come on here to gloat when it's going well for them.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Very honourable to come on here so soon after last night, and with the sole intent to pay out a bet. Very impressive indeed.

Let’s say £100 to REMF, and £100 to your charity of choice - one of the cancer ones, if I recall correctly.

Did you go last night?

Nope, I don't do away games any more. Just cannot be arsed with the hassle, to be honest I'm not liking home games that much anymore either. It's not because we're losing either, I have had years of experience of that. What cancer charity is closest to your heart, if you know what I mean?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], [MENTION=13941]ArfurW8[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION] and are a different class of Nigel from the multitude of gobby smug twats that only come on here to gloat when it's going well for them.

football-friend.jpg

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] you seem to have disappeared. Tell me a charity for the other £100, there are loads of cancer ones. I will check back later.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nope, I don't do away games any more. Just cannot be arsed with the hassle, to be honest I'm not liking home games that much anymore either. It's not because we're losing either, I have had years of experience of that. What cancer charity is closest to your heart, if you know what I mean?

I hope you rediscover the love of attending games - whether at home or away. Sometimes, just sometimes, your team turns up and plays like their lives depend on it. And sometimes, they don’t.

Let’s go for prostate please.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Also (I think the names are right) [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21414]Del Fenner[/MENTION].

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I hope you rediscover the love of attending games - whether at home or away. Sometimes, just sometimes, your team turns up and plays like their lives depend on it. And sometimes, they don’t.

Let’s go for prostate please.

It's not really about the performances if I'm honest. I have never really enjoyed the premier league once the novelty value wears off, or I could just be getting a bit bored with it all. I still love watching football but can do without the getting there and all the hassle that comes with it. I also find it somewhat perverse that I'm paying to watch some blokes that earn in a week what I get per year. I'm almost 40 so it could be part of a middle crisis :D
Screenshot_20181205-131430_Chrome.jpg

The reason it's up the top without a date is because it's pending, couldn't think of any other way to show I have paid. Cheers

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's not really about the performances if I'm honest. I have never really enjoyed the premier league once the novelty value wears off, or I could just be getting a bit bored with it all. I still love watching football but can do without the getting there and all the hassle that comes with it. I also find it somewhat perverse that I'm paying to watch some blokes that earn in a week what I get per year. I'm almost 40 so it could be part of a middle crisis :D

The reason it's up the top without a date is because it's pending, couldn't think of any other way to show I have paid. Cheers

There was really no need to prove you had paid up - I'd have absolutely taken your word that you had. But maybe there would be others on here that wouldn't?

I went through a long patch where I barely attended games; I was working abroad for years, and when I was in the UK working crazy stupid hours. I've eased off a bit in the last few years, and now get to just about every home game and 15-16 away games. I'm loving every minute, but can fully see your point. Maybe, as you near my age, you'll start going again.

Kudos to you again on the speed and way in which you've settled the bet.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
There was really no need to prove you had paid up - I'd have absolutely taken your word that you had. But maybe there would be others on here that wouldn't?
I went through a long patch where I barely attended games; I was working abroad for years, and when I was in the UK working crazy stupid hours. I've eased off a bit in the last few years, and now get to just about every home game and 15-16 away games. I'm loving every minute, but can fully see your point. Maybe, as you near my age, you'll start going again.

Kudos to you again on the speed and way in which you've settled the bet.

Yeah it wouldn't have taken long for someone to ask for proof, I could probably tell you who as well lol.
Maybe I'm just becoming a bit lazy, it also doesn't help that I can watch every single match including 3pm kick offs from the comfort of my sofa. There is something very deflating about the premier league for me, I think it's just the stupid money that is involved nowadays. Speak to some Sunderland fans and they are living this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here