Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Red wine recommendations please

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Saint Joseph, crus de Le Cotes Du Rhone excuse the French suits me at 12.5% about £15 in Waitrose or €15 for a magnum bottle in France.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Chateau Neuf du Pape is definitely one of the best for me but when looking for something a bit cheaper an Argentinian Malbec or if you fancy trying something a little bit different and have a sweet tooth then Yellow Tail Jammy Red Roo is a personal fave of mine.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Drinkable and cheap, Isla Negra Merlot.

About £5 a bottle and perfectly fine.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anyone interested in some sort of NSC wine tasting evening?
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] and I had promised to organise one if we got promoted to the PL. I do believe that's already happened, so a NSC tasting is long overdue. Timing-wise it might prove difficult this side of Christmas, but I might be worth sorting out either the night before, or the night of a home game. I know Henry at Butlers well, who is extremely good at hosting such things if that goes down well with the majority.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] and I had promised to organise one if we got promoted to the PL. I do believe that's already happened, so a NSC tasting is long overdue. Timing-wise it might prove difficult this side of Christmas, but I might be worth sorting out either the night before, or the night of a home game. I know Henry at Butlers well, who is extremely good at hosting such things if that goes down well with the majority.

How does it work at these events? Is it frowned upon if one gets a bit tipsy?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Go to Majestic and buy Chateau Musar from the Bekaa Valley in the Lebanon

and if you like a 'wine equivalent' of Chloe Vervier, like what I do, tell the guys, and have a discussion. I like my reds to almost cling to the glass, and allow the passage of very little daylight. Bold, heavy, but not 'sweet' like some Australian shite, or so full of tannin you could weatherproof the garden fence with it. Avoid American as too expensive for what it is (albeit the best ever bottle I ever had - unavailavle in the UK - was from California). As a 'thing', French, Italian and Spanish are the safest bet (I dabble with the Argies to be fair). It is a bit of a gamble if you pay under a tenner (some Majestic wines can be a bit meh - I don't mean actual vinegar) but if a Majestic wine for £15 doesn't do it for you, go back and bollock them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'd come along if time and motion permit :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Had a Chronic Cellars ‘La Muneca’ from 2016 this evening, now that’s interesting, it’s good, really good, but quite unusual, you think it’s going to be really,heavy, and then It’s not, the wonders of wine, love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here