Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Things to do in Liverpool on a Saturday morning

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Previous visits have seen us drive down Penny Lane playing that song, wondering round the docks area where there is much to do but I wonder if we are missing something better that we can do on Saturday pre game.

Suggestions welcome please.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Previous visits have seen us drive down Penny Lane playing that song, wondering round the docks area where there is much to do but I wonder if we are missing something better that we can do on Saturday pre game.

Suggestions welcome please.

I spent a couple of hours doing the terracotta warrior exhibition. If it’s still on (I think it closes by the end of the year), it’s def worth a visit.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I spent a couple of hours doing the terracotta warrior exhibition. If it’s still on (I think it closes by the end of the year), it’s def worth a visit.

This. We done the exhibition earlier this year, a very interesting and fascinating piece of Chinese history.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Go on a ferry ride from Pier Head. Good views of the Liverpool waterfront. If early, can go across to Wallasey and back. 10am and after there is circular ride including Birkenhead. Can get off and get back on later one. Every hour. There is The 'U-boat story' exhibition at Birkenhead.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why no dressing room? They're playing away.

If he’s quick, [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] could do likewise. Hang around outside the nightclubs - bound to be an opportunity.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
markrobla-2.jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If you want to stay near the station, it's worth walking up the massive staircase in Central Library, and then the views over Liverpool from the balcony at the top are amazing.

Terracotta Warriors is next to that but it's often sold out if you don't book in advance. There's the natural history museum next to that though, and there are exhibitions on space flight and various other excellent things.

In the other direction from the station, Egg Cafe on Newington is the best. Out-Brightons Brighton. Creaky old staircase to a loft with an incredible menu. From there you could spend the whole morning on Bold Street, lots of cool shops, restaurants and bars. Actually, you might need to go down Bold Street anyway if you're getting the train to Goodison from Central Station.

If you go through the city centre and to the docks then Bluecoat Gallery and Tate are always good. I think Open Eye Gallery is shut for a switchover at the moment but that's great if you're into photography. World Museum's near Tate but it's possibly not that good unless you have kids with you. The Slavery Museum's good if you're interested in that.

If you're willing to take a bus you could go to Lark Lane for something different. The whole street is worth seeing if you're into bohemian nonsense. Lots of caffs, bars and weird little shops. It's probably 20 minutes on the bus but if you got a day pass you could use that to get to the ground.

Cathedral's worth seeing at the top of Bold Street.

Can't think of a better away city to spend a few hours in :)

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
I remember on the way to the Johnny Crumplin cup game the first thing we saw entering the city was a bus shelter on fire. So that's my suggestion. Set light to a bus shelter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
I remember on the way to the Johnny Crumplin cup game the first thing we saw entering the city was a bus shelter on fire. So that's my suggestion. Set light to a bus shelter.

I remember that day well. Our coach driver got lost in Liverpool (unbelievable I know), decided to ask a sweet old lady walking past, she gave him the finger and a volley of abuse. Hilarious.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I live in Liverpool so can probably help. Anglican Cathedral is pretty impressive and you can pay a couple of quid to go up to the top of the bell tower roof for stunning views. Sefton Park Palm House, Philharmonic Pub in town, any part of Liverpool One, the Docks including the big wheel and free galleries / museum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here