Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Wolves, belated MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yeah, I know. Days ago. Shambles.

If you still CARE, re-live it here...

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?763-Albion-1-0-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-27.10.2018

2pm, and a huge boost for the good guys – team news in, and a very pleasant surprise to see the name of Glenn Murray listed, just a week after his horrible moment at St James’ Park. A ride on a stretcher, a lie down in a Newcastle hospital bed, a night at his Mam’s in Cumbria, then a few days away from training walking Mabel the whippet, wouldn’t seem the ideal preparation for leading the line in a Premier League match, but super Glenn is no ordinary footballer. Ninety nine and counting. Let today be the day.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Excellent - as always; thanks.

You'll get some dissenters to the March is doing ok at #10 comment though. There are those who think that not only should he not be playing #10, he shouldn't have a squad number...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Excellent - as always; thanks.

You'll get some dissenters to the March is doing ok at #10 comment though. There are those who think that not only should he not be playing #10, he shouldn't have a squad number...

Indeed I will. As I say:

Izquierdo, Alireza and Solly March retaining their shirts, as Chris Hughton strikes the balance between threat and solidity. Tough on Knockaert perhaps, but Hughton will invariably go with the players he trusts to follow his prescribed plan. My opinion is worth no more than any other, and I know plenty disagree, but March is doing a decent job behind Murray. He suffers in comparison to Pascal Groß, but within Albion-levels of reality, who wouldn’t?

Despite the clamour for ANYONE-BUT-MARCH to start, Hughton's system works, and that system requires somebody to play in that role. With Pascal G out, he is the best option we have, and his detractors would be better advised to get behind a player who for me, suffers though a lack of full confidence in his ability.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Indeed I will. As I say:

Despite the clamour for ANYONE-BUT-MARCH to start, Hughton's system works, and that system requires somebody to play in that role. With Pascal G out, he is the best option we have, and his detractors would be better advised to get behind a player who for me, suffers though a lack of full confidence in his ability.

Yep - fully agree.

For me, the question is whether Solly gets a start on the left when Pascal returns to #10. I'm guessing not.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yep - fully agree.

For me, the question is whether Solly gets a start on the left when Pascal returns to #10. I'm guessing not.

A fit Pascal, obviously takes the #10 spot, without question.

Whether March gets a start elsewhere will probably depend on the opposition. He's the most RELIABLE, if least explosive, of our 4 options out wide. He'd have done a far better job of helping the overloaded Bong on Saturday, for example (but equally, less of a threat on the break). Against strong opponents, especially away from home, he might well get the nod. In matches seen as winnable, I'd expect (and hope for) Izquierdo.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A fit Pascal, obviously takes the #10 spot, without question.

Whether March gets a start elsewhere will probably depend on the opposition. He's the most RELIABLE, if least explosive, of our 4 options out wide. He'd have done a far better job of helping the overloaded Bong on Saturday, for example (but equally, less of a threat on the break). Against strong opponents, especially away from home, he might well get the nod. In matches seen as winnable, I'd expect (and hope for) Izquierdo.

Good analysis. Hard to disagree - I’ll modify my thoughts accordingly

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It's the usual praise from me, along with where's the effing ARTWORK?

I left my sodding iPad in Brighton, after this match, innit.

I have a MAGIC expensive Apple pencil, and no flippin iPad to draw on*!

*Until I'm next in Brighton to collect it

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent as ever (lack of artwork a bit of a disappointment obvs)

That bit about Jose galloping past Traore........happened right in front of us, he actually looks to have got quicker this season. He’s astonishingly fast.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Excellent stuff, as always.

I am a tiny bit disappointed that you didn't mention the moment when Adama Traore managed to trip over a blade of grass, though!

Fair point. Was funny, for sure.

(Zaha would have wanted a free kick, and a yellow card shown to the offending foliage)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Top stuff as ever. And there's a really adept summary of the games we've been deprived of in your first para. One slight error: it was March that flipped the ball on to Murray before setting up Bruno's assist. Great exchange between you and [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 1976 about March, and I'm in agreement, although would add that he might well be challenging for a starting-place on the right when Gross returns. We've got real options in the squad now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Top stuff as ever. And there's a really adept summary of the games we've been deprived of in your first para. One slight error: it was March that flipped the ball on to Murray before setting up Bruno's assist. Great exchange between you and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] about March, and I'm in agreement, although would add that he might well be challenging for a starting-place on the right when Gross returns. We've got real options in the squad now.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Top stuff as ever. And there's a really adept summary of the games we've been deprived of in your first para. One slight error: it was March that flipped the ball on to Murray before setting up Bruno's assist. Great exchange between you and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] about March, and I'm in agreement, although would add that he might well be challenging for a starting-place on the right when Gross returns. We've got real options in the squad now.

Thanks.

I make a point of writing my reports from memory - I think I can capture the feel of the occasion better that way, than by writing up what I have watched, accompanied with pundit opinion, on various highlights. I did actually note this when I finally saw a replay, and did mean to edit it - thanks for reminding me - now done :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here