Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If Locadia is ahead of him in the pecking order what does that say about how the club rates Andone? Please stay fit Glenn, as Princess Leia once said "you're our only hope".

Unfair comment, all this Locadia bashing annoys me, he has not hit the ground running granted, are we playing to his strengths no, is he up to speed with the English game, probably not and exactly the same can be said for Andone.... Have we forgot how NSC declared Barnes would never make a Premier League standard player, and was hounded from pillar to post...

Give them a chance.....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unfair comment, all this Locadia bashing annoys me, he has not hit the ground running granted, are we playing to his strengths no, is he up to speed with the English game, probably not and exactly the same can be said for Andone.... Have we forgot how NSC declared Barnes would never make a Premier League standard player, and was hounded from pillar to post...

Give them a chance.....

Whilst I wholeheartedly concur with the 'give them a chance' notion, goals are what is required to stay up this season, not acting as a suck it and see, take your time outfit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Give them a chance.....

Your general point about not writing players off too soon, is a valid one. Andone hasn't featured at all yet - we've no idea how good he might be.

Locadia though, hasn't been here five minutes. He's been here almost a YEAR. I'd be delighted to have my opinion of him proved bang wrong. Seen very little so far, to make me doubt it, though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Your general point about not writing players off too soon, is a valid one. Andone hasn't featured at all yet - we've no idea how good he might be.

Locadia though, hasn't been here five minutes. He's been here almost a YEAR. I'd be delighted to have my opinion of him proved bang wrong. Seen very little so far, to make me doubt it, though.

You could add that for someone who is as big as him he could learn to head a ball :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Give them a chance.....

What are his strengths, genuinely? Not a wind up.

Also, I think it’s fair to bash him for not putting effort in. I will never boo or abuse a player for simply not being good enough as that’s not their fault, but EVERYONE can at least ****ing try, and he often doesn’t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Almost a year, I’d forgotten that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

yeah but no, buy yeah, have we played to his strengths ? which does not make him a bad player ? if that is the case it is bad recruitment or is it just bad luck....

I personally think he will come good, just needs the right game, but of luck and away he will fly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeah but no, buy yeah, have we played to his strengths ? which does not make him a bad player ? if that is the case it is bad recruitment or is it just bad luck....

I personally think he will come good, just needs the right game, but of luck and away he will fly.

Let's hope so.

But, as asked above, what ARE his strengths, that we are 'not playing to'?

He's not especially quick.
He's not very strong.
His first touch is poor.
He can't protect the ball, to bring others into play.
He can't head it.

:shrug:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyone criticising Andone at this point is depriving a village of an idiot. Locadia on the other hand has had some time to adjust and a pre season. so I think it is fair to judge him. He has yet to show anything that suggests he has the game or the quality to succeed in the PL. Does that mean he never will? Of course not, but the signs aren't promising. He has pace but doesn't seem to get into positions to exploit it, his control is not the greatest and he isn't poor in the air. As others have said he might just need a goal and some confidence but I would say he needs to step up between now and the end of the season or his PL career at least with us will be over...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do they not train on Monday or is injured again?

Thought if they play on Saturday then Sunday is recovery day at the training ground, with certain exercises, physio/massage, and cryogenics etc then Monday is day off and back to training Tuesday.

*EDIT* And whilst he didn't play on Saturday it would mean Monday is a non-training day.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Anyone criticising Andone at this point is depriving a village of an idiot. Locadia on the other hand has had some time to adjust and a pre season. so I think it is fair to judge him. He has yet to show anything that suggests he has the game or the quality to succeed in the PL. Does that mean he never will? Of course not, but the signs aren't promising. He has pace but doesn't seem to get into positions to exploit it, his control is not the greatest and he isn't poor in the air. As others have said he might just need a goal and some confidence but I would say he needs to step up between now and the end of the season or his PL career at least with us will be over...

Well put.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Andone what has happened to him. Fit to sit on the bench for the Spurs game, missing against City. Did he suffer a splinter injury from the bench against Spurs?

Obviously your not paying attention.. And one been injured for quite a few months and had no real quality game time. Just a matter of time before he gets full debut but chris isn't going to throw him on straight away..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's concerns about Locadia that presses the point with Andone, but it shouldn't. Andone is settling into life in a new country, in a new League, and has had to deal with an injury which has deprived him of a chance to get going. I'm happy for Hughton to avoid the temptation to rush him back simply because we are getting twitchy that Locadia isn't firing. Andone needs to be judged on his own merits and only brought in when the time is right both physically, mentally, and to an extent, the right game.

Giving him a run out at Man City wouldn't have told us ANYTHING. Let's be honest, we go there and whatever poor sod is given the lobe striker role is chasing shadows all day. Being on the bench Friday, or playing some role at Newcastle look about right to me. 20 mins at City, barely getting a kick, and running down blind alleys would have had some on here writing him off, because he'd have either not chased enough, or if he had, but barely touched the ball, people would have thrown "the new CMS" at him.

I've no issue with him not being in the 18 at City, but do hope to see him involved in the next 2 games.

I don't buy into this theory that certain players don't try. I agree Locadia hasn't exactly set the world on fire and sometimes looks like he isn't trying.

But some players look like this, they have a sort of laid back, languid style. Back in the Withdean days we used to have a striker who some people criticised for not trying, at least some of the time.He would drift in and out of games.

What was his name? Glen Murray. I wonder whatever happened to him?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Obviously your not paying attention.. And one been injured for quite a few months and had no real quality game time. Just a matter of time before he gets full debut but chris isn't going to throw him on straight away..

Sorry about that The last time I paid attention was when he was sub for the Spurs game and as he was not mentioned in the City squad I thought he may have been injured. Is that OK with you?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Let's hope so.

But, as asked above, what ARE his strengths, that we are 'not playing to'?

He's not especially quick.
He's not very strong.
His first touch is poor.
He can't protect the ball, to bring others into play.
He can't head it.

:shrug:

I felt bad saying that sort of stuff after the Man City game... but it is hard to argue with. Still hoping for an epiphany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here