Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Insomnia

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sleep is hugely important for health. I suffer with ulcerative colitis and sleep is something I've worked on a lot to help improve my quality of life and in turn has really help my disease.]

How is your UC? I suffered with a sudden onset of the symptoms a few years ago and had an emergency sub total colectomy followed by reconstruction surgery to create an internal pouch which continues to work well for me.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I hope no one else suffers too bad its getting incredibly depressing almost diblitating (sic) now sick of it logging on here before [MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION]

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Those people that recon things recon that if you don't look at a screen for 30 mins before you go to sleep then that seems to work for some insomniacs.
Turn in 30 mins earlier and read a book, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Those people that recon things recon that if you don't look at a screen for 30 mins before you go to sleep then that seems to work for some insomniacs.
Turn in 30 mins earlier and read a book, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

yeah I need to try something different

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's funny, I have trouble getting off to sleep and usually only sleep for 4 or 5 hours, unless I am pissed.
When I was back in Brighton I had the same problem, I decided to try the herbal Nytol.
I did start to feel drowsy and nodded my head for a while, but it didn't feel like the right kind of sleep, whatever that means and I fought the urge to sleep all night and then felt like s**t the next day, never took one again.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It's just past midnight there maffew, time to get that book out.
Just past 8 am here, so looking busy at work reading NSC.

Feck just woke up, 2:38 here Mike and I have a craving for cheese on toast with tomato soup with Worcester Sauce, busy day tomorrow/today

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It is bloody annoying! Woke up half an hour ago and still wide awake,not feeling sleepy at all,no doubt will drop off about 5 seconds before the alarm goes off!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not insomnia... in fact the opposite... using NSC to keep me awake on a dull all-nighter listening to other people making excuses for making a right **** up of some pretty simple changes!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Woke up at 2-30 , after trying to get back to sleep decided to get up and watch winter Olympics with a cuppa. I tend to go through fazes of waking early .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here