Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new team for Burton

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Quoting the Vicar, "I'll just slip this in here".
Brentford was the closest I've ever been to the goal (East Upper [MENTION=17941]Amex[/MENTION]) and would hate to be a keeper as Solly ran down the wing with what looked like six MASSIVE 7 foot hunks charging at the cross. Even I ducked. Shame the perfect cross was put over the bar time & time again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Get real we need to win these two home games Dunk on the bench to stop him picking up yellow cards is mad talk :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Exactly. We must win the next two games. Why would we risk leaving out our best players and possibly drop points.

It is always strange to me that people suggest leaving players out for league games to avoid them missing games further down the line. Surely they just end up missing as many games as a result of resting them as they would for suspension.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For some reason I thought he was nearer the 15, so fair enough. Still say Uwe needs game time and Saturday would be good for him to get another 90

Seriously? You do realise we don't have the right to just turn up and beat Burton. The arrogance of suggesting we should leave out one of our best players is just ridiculous. Burton will be a tough game and we need to make sure we're fully on it. The last thing we want to do is drop points and your suggestion would make us more likely to do so.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Time to leave our best players on the bench was in the cups not heading into one of our biggest months so far.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
This is a difficult one.

However, I would start Murray at home but bring him off for a hungry Hemed around 60/65 minutes. I would start Akpom with the intention of introducing Baldock later to ease him back.

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Poco

Knockeart
Sidwell
Stephens
March

Akpom
Murray

Bench: Walton, Uwe, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Baldock and Tomori

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
This is a difficult one.

However, I would start Murray at home but bring him off for a hungry Hemed around 60/65 minutes. I would start Akpom with the intention of introducing Baldock later to ease him back.

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Poco

Knockeart
Sidwell
Stephens
March

Akpom
Murray

This team for me but would have Norwood on bench for
skalak

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
---------------- Stockdale --------------
Bruno ----- Duffy ----- Dunk ---- Pocognoli
Knockaert - Stephens - Norwood - March
------------- Baldock -- Murray ---------------

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Uwe, Kayal, Skalak, Akpom, Hemed

There. Looks good, doesn't it. This is tough on Kayal, Hemed, Sidwell and Murphy. CH tends to ease players back after long spells out, but not for short spells, so I fully expect to see Baldock and Stephens starting. I think this will be a good game to play Norwood, as his passing might just be needed to break them down; it'll also give the opportunity to ease Kayal back (which is needed on the evidence of Hudds). There seems to be a growing consensus that Baldock is the first pick of all of our forwards, because Murray and Hemed can't play together, and Baldock brings out the best of the both of them; Akpom will need to be eased in, and used carefully. Murphy and Skalak are both out-of-form, and neither really deserve a place in the first 18, but Skalak's crossing and assist-ability are a good option for this game. It's really tough on Sidwell if he doesn't make it, but he tends to be more effective against the better teams, so I'd expect him to be in the 18 for the Reading and Newcastle games, for instance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is a difficult one.

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Poco

Knockeart
Sidwell
Stephens
March

Akpom
Murray

No place for Jamie Murphy, even on the bench ?

I am going tomorrow, so I hope he is at least a sub.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The signs are that we shall be back to our strongest possible team with Dunk Stephens and Baldock back which can only benefit us and keep our distance from the chasing pack.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This is a difficult one.

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Poco

Knockeart
Sidwell
Stephens
March

Akpom
Murray

Absolutely this

Look to bring on Baldock, Kayal if we have the choice, to help bring them both up to match fitness.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
---------------- Stockdale --------------
Bruno ----- Duffy ----- Dunk ---- Pocognoli
Knockaert - Stephens - Norwood - March
------------- Baldock -- Murray ---------------

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Uwe, Kayal, Skalak, Akpom, Hemed

There. Looks good, doesn't it. This is tough on Kayal, Hemed, Sidwell and Murphy. CH tends to ease players back after long spells out, but not for short spells, so I fully expect to see Baldock and Stephens starting. I think this will be a good game to play Norwood, as his passing might just be needed to break them down; it'll also give the opportunity to ease Kayal back (which is needed on the evidence of Hudds). There seems to be a growing consensus that Baldock is the first pick of all of our forwards, because Murray and Hemed can't play together, and Baldock brings out the best of the both of them; Akpom will need to be eased in, and used carefully. Murphy and Skalak are both out-of-form, and neither really deserve a place in the first 18, but Skalak's crossing and assist-ability are a good option for this game. It's really tough on Sidwell if he doesn't make it, but he tends to be more effective against the better teams, so I'd expect him to be in the 18 for the Reading and Newcastle games, for instance.
Saves me the bother - very much this. This is a Norwood game. Huddersfield/Brentford away isn't.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I wouldn't play Uwe ahead of Dunk but do understand why some might. 2 successive games would do him the world of good. Right now I would play Hemed in front of Murray. We have a squad for a very good reason. Hemed is on form atm Murray appears not to be. So a swift boot up the ass after signing his contract then he will be right as rain for the Ipswich game. Yes we need to be strong every game but in future when we get injuries and suspenions the players stepping in need to do better. So game time is what they need.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is certainly a game Norwood needs to do well in but if we play him I think it would be at the cost of March as I would prefer a safer/stronger midfielder in the centre so to me that is either Sidwell or Kayal paying in effectively a 4312 format. As a note March has been at his very best when he has come on as a sub at Brentford & Birmingham. If this does not work then bring March on for him at half time. Equally my preference would be to play Hemed but would give Baldock first half and then see where we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here