Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U.K. Holidays or Abroad ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Glasgow in 2 weeks time, lanzerote couple of weeks over Easter, cruise around the Med two weeks in august and somewhere in oct. really impressed by the lakes north of Glasgow towards the highlands and glencoe.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If you are lucky with the weather Cornwall is a great county for all sorts of holidays, family and couples but it isn't cheap and if the weather is poor it's bloody awful.
I love to base ourselves in St Ives, in my opinion the best seaside town in the country by a long way.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually the op makes a good point though.

Karen has just looked back and matched the cruise we are looking at in the summer with an equivalent one two years ago. Same cruise line, sister ship to the Noordam and same flights into Barcelona and out of civitaveccia.

Cost in 2015. £ 2850 for 12 nights cruise, flights, transfers. Drinks excursions tips all extra
Cost in 2017 £3650 for 12 nights cruise , flights , transfers . Extras as above

So ok, we have to pay in dollars, but certainly our basic costs have gone up.....and it's not just Holland America, as Smudge of NCL will confirm, as prices are in dollars , even though there are more cruise ships than ever the prices are getting seriously expensive!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Having just returned from my first trip abroad in nearly 5 years i'm going to say abroad. Croatia in September for a couple of weeks.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We stayed at home in October (football, but don't tell the Wife) and decided to give our money to the local pubs and restaurants along with some 'nice' days in the countryside. Average £100 to £150 day.
Two weeks in the hot sunshine in January in Cape Verde £1800 all inclusive.
No more staycations for us.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We stayed at home in October (football, but don't tell the Wife) and decided to give our money to the local pubs and restaurants along with some 'nice' days in the countryside. Average £100 to £150 day.
Two weeks in the hot sunshine in January in Cape Verde £1800 all inclusive.
No more staycations for us.
Went to Cape Verde last year. Boa Vista. Very nice, windy though.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am lucky that I grew up in south Devon and mum still lives there. 15 mins to the beach and 15 mins to Dartmoor. Brilliant holiday location wiTh 8 yr old and two 6 year olds. Also love Lake District, Yorkshire dales and Scotland.

That said I am looking forward to a stag do in Ibiza and the wedding in Portugal!

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Abroad for me, work all the O/T going for 2 weeks in the sun. Mexico to look forward too in Nov. Been twice recently, great value for money.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
France for a couple of holidays,Tenby at some time,Gran Canaria fairly soon.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If you are lucky with the weather Cornwall is a great county for all sorts of holidays, family and couples but it isn't cheap and if the weather is poor it's bloody awful.
I love to base ourselves in St Ives, in my opinion the best seaside town in the country by a long way.
Agree. We usually stay in Zennor just a couple of miles outside St Ives.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Usually go to Taiwan every other year and went last year so not sure where to go this year. I quite fancy Costa Rica, Seychelles or a two week multi city holiday in Italy.

Will also have a week in Cornwall possibly September. Quite fancy a long weekend in Stockholm in May or June.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here