Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bold starting line up by naylor

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wouldn't surprise me

Need to make sure we keep it tight and bring it back to the Amex to win it.

Sidwell is happier in a midfield 3 but will we change the whole system just to accommodate him ? I'd be disappointed if we go 4-5-1 for the home leg and possible final as 4-4-2 has got us to where we are.

i guess, if true, the main problem was that Sidwell is not a like for like replacement with Stephens, both central mids, but Stephens is more of the holding role, defensive type and Sidwell often plays higher up behind the front two, he may have assesed we can get caught in behind?. As we have no other genuine central mid options than Sidwell, it makes sense to play him in his more natural 'higher up' role joining attack (and do the job Baldrick does) and to compensate in other areas to achieve defensive solidity, assuming also theyve studied the likely Wednesday line up to put out a team they see as most likely to expose their weaker areas and to get something from the game.

its certainly Bold if true

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He has been subbed regularly recently. I wouldn't say he's nailed on to start

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Baldock doesnt do very much himself in front of goal with the ball, but his off the ball work is very good, he draws defenders with his runs and creates space for others, he also does get back and defend well. I'd be surprised if he didnt start. If only he could score a bit more often, he's actually very good at everything except scoring,which is pretty vital as a forward!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Crofts maybe. jfc not available as registration still at mk dons till end of june

cant think of another option, maybe Towel, but not for the away game.

Sent from my desk at Gatwick using my PC, hot cup of coffee (black) in hand

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
cant think of another option, maybe Towel, but not for the away game.

Sent from my desk at Gatwick using my PC, hot cup of coffee (black) in hand

will be just our luck, or lack therof to get either an injury or sending off of Sidwell or Kayal. I wouldnt be surpised if Wednesday know of our central midfield predicament and put a few looseners on the legs of Steve and Beram. As history shows its only red if Brighton do it :moo:

Stumpy Tim

Baldock doesnt do very much himself in front of goal with the ball, but his off the ball work is very good, he draws defenders with his runs and creates space for others, he also does get back and defend well. I'd be surprised if he didnt start. If only he could score a bit more often, he's actually very good at everything except scoring,which is pretty vital as a forward!

I agree that he's a good player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start today

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bong has looked a bundle of nerves in the couple of games he has come on for recently.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Wouldn't start Lua Lua, looks to have lost a yard of pace, no longer seems to be able to get past his man on the last few occasions he's come on as sub and made very little impression
Murphy better option to start with

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
will be just our luck, or lack therof to get either an injury or sending off of Sidwell or Kayal. I wouldnt be surpised if Wednesday know of our central midfield predicament and put a few looseners on the legs of Steve and Beram. As history shows its only red if Brighton do it :moo:

In a purely theoretical situation, where I were a MASSIVELY CYNICAL manager involved in a two-legged semi-final, I would be tempted to send on a dispensable late substitute (who I had zero intention of playing in the second leg anyway - let's call him Geoff RAY) purely to wipe out the opposition's star player (Fernando Kickaball). On 92 minutes so I don't have long to last with 10 men, I'd wave him on to do the necessary. My sacrificial sub gets a worthless ban, and oppo go into leg 2 missing their star man.

After the game, I'd apologise to the injured player and his manager, for the actions of my 'over-excited young sub, who got caught up in the heat of the moment'.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I think you could play Rosenior anywhere and he wouldn't let anyone down. My only concern with bringing Bong back as LB is he has looked very rusty since his return from injury.

But then what do I know?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Andy Naylor has put in the argus today what he thinks will be the starting line up interesting,
1.stockdale
2,bruno
3 bong
4.greer
5 goldson
6kayal
7sidwell
8hemed
9.knocky
10 rosenior
11 lualua what do you all think.

IMHO, starting with Lua Lua would be far preferable to the usual Hemed-Baldock partnership that almost guarantees we are slowly out of the traps. Not a crime to inject a bit of pace earlydoors.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think you could play Rosenior anywhere and he wouldn't let anyone down. My only concern with bringing Bong back as LB is he has looked very rusty since his return from injury.

But then what do I know?

My only concern with playing Rosenior in any position is whether Hughton has consulted BG to check he approves

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bong has looked a bundle of nerves in the couple of games he has come on for recently.

May be different if he starts a game

I reckon defence is probably the hardest position to come on as a sub and full back probably more so

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I would not start Kaz. He hasn't shown anything in his recent appearances. I thought we missed Skalak on saturday, I'd like to see him back although I would understand it if Murphy retained his place.

I agree. Each time Kaz has come on recently, we all want him to play like he did at the start of the season but there haven't been any signs. I suppose he needs more playing time to get back, but in a SF I can't see him getting it. I think Murphy.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree. Each time Kaz has come on recently, we all want him to play like he did at the start of the season but there haven't been any signs. I suppose he needs more playing time to get back, but in a SF I can't see him getting it. I think Murphy.

Kaz doesn't really have any impact coming on for the last 10-15 mins and he's a little too frantic when he does, so if he were to start, this would be the game to do it. Against Boro they put players tight to Knockeart which will be harder to do if Kaz is also stretching their defence apart on the other side. Bong and Kaz have a good understanding so it's worth a shot with Skalak or Murphy or both coming on later.

Whatever Hughton chooses there will be a good reason behind it, but this is my argument for Naylors starting 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here