Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridders coming home?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
He was fantastic for us over three season, and yes I'd have him back. Shame how everyone just wants to focus on a little thing at the end, it soils those wonderful years

They were good years, I wouldn't welcome him back with our current style of play. It's working, we'd have to change it to accommodate him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no thanks
unless he is going to play left back

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Bricett can only function as a lone holding midfielder as a pivot in a team that plays in a slow controlled manner and for that reason I'm out.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I think people have got blinkers on if they think he's only suited to slow build up and the holding role! What he did do is play that role, for us, under Poyet, exceptionally well. But he was/is also a lot more than just that.

But I also think that's irrelevant, as I don't think there is any chance of him coming back, ever. Something about bridges being burnt.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He was fantastic for us over three season, and yes I'd have him back. Shame how everyone just wants to focus on a little thing at the end, it soils those wonderful years

Yes, he was great but, as someone else said, he burnt his bridges. I think few will welcome him back, particularly as we now now his potential to put himself ahead of the good of the team. Team players only now undr project Hughton.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Completely agree about the three years. He was great under Poyet. However, he played in a different formation to the one we play now and I'm not sure he'd be as effective in 4-4-2. And, I don't regard what he did as a little thing at the end. I understand players want to improve their careers and have no issues with that but he handled it badly and, according to the club, effectively refused to play in games under Garcia. To me, considering how much players are paid, that is unforgivable and I wouldn't want him back.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
dont need him we have stephens and kayal who are much better then him

I think Stephens is overloaded and is expected to to do too much in the 4-2-4. I think he could push forward a bit more if we had another defensive midfielder. Or he could stay were he is and we could get a left footed attacking midfielder. I would like to think Rohan Ince could do the job but if he does not get he games he will never improve.

Bridcutt was quite good at the apex of the triangle in midfield. (If you like that way of playing?)

I did not vote for Bridcutt as Player of the Season and I did not think he would do well at Sunderland. About as what happened. Understudy.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Maybe, but to be honest, Sunderland have been a side who are under the cosh for the last few seasons. In a team flying high as he was when we we hitting the playoffs then he was a class act. There is a lot of revisionism going one. Yes of course if someone had come in from the premiership, for any of our players, we would be churlish to stand in their way, and that is true for many teams.

A footballers career is short and they are not supporters of teams, they play for them....players like Zamora who feels he has come home are few and far between,

I take your point but I still think our first team now (from a fully fit squad) would obliterate Poyet's best 11.

For the first time in decades, we're looking like a team that can mix it with the best.

We're not 'hitting the playoffs'; we're looking like a team that can win this league.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
article-2257957-16C3450D000005DC-928_468x358.jpg

Liam Bridcutt good enough to play for Real Madrid?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take your point but I still think our first team now (from a fully fit squad) would obliterate Poyet's best 11.

For the first time in decades, we're looking like a team that can mix it with the best.

We're not 'hitting the playoffs'; we're looking like a team that can win this league.

But to be fair, when we went into the first playoffs games against palace, we were also favourites to go up due to our run in. Palace got in to the playoffs by a completely fluke game. Yes you are right, we do look extremely strong. I a, just suggesting that if we are looking to strengthen the squad, without looking to spend horrendous money, there are players out there, like bridcutt who know the club, and wouldn't take games to settle back in. I am only suggesting backup...that is all

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not good enough for us. Much better squad now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here