Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think he is a NCL glory hunter , relegation will see him not renewing his season ticket. When I posted it was the coach driver as the poopertrator (from a very reliable source) on a thread numerous Nigels said I was making things up. Palace have been and always will be a tinpot club and their downfall when it happens will feel even more sweeter.

Well it's not the first time Palarse have shit on us. But as you suggest with regard there downfall....what goes around, comes around.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Until I read post #217 I was about to post the following question:

Is it normal practise for kits to be delivered the day before an away game? To me it sounds unlikely.

I was of the opinion that McCarthy was on a wind up last night but I have not heard exactly what was said in context. But the suggestion that a fan was told as per #217 disappoints me greatly. I hope a statement is forthcoming from my club to yours. Pathetic behaviour.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to this poster the Co Chairman was telling fans this was the true story Last Season

Old Today, 08:18 AM
Lordashenden

Paddy speaks the truth, last season on the train back from newcastle Steve Browett told me and my uncle the same version. It was the coach driver.
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243268&page=21

total scum the lot of them.

A couple of libelous posts made by one poster this morning on that thread even after the culprit has been revealed :lol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is it normal practise for kits to be delivered the day before an away game? To me it sounds unlikely.

It wasn't the day before. According to McCarthy, it was 4 or 5 hours before the team got there.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Until I read post #217 I was about to post the following question:

I was of the opinion that McCarthy was on a wind up last night but I have not heard exactly what was said in context. But the suggestion that a fan was told as per #217 disappoints me greatly. I hope a statement is forthcoming from my club to yours. Pathetic behaviour.

Well said. That is the most disappointing aspect in this - that no-one from the senior echelons of your club made a statement once they found out the truth. Also if McCarthy was wrong, why has no-one at the club denied it? It is not something that I would want my club associated with.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
I don't understand all the bitterness and bile.
This is what great footy rivalries are all about...one of ours (alledgedly) shitting in our dressing room, one of yours getting the blame, then us going on to beat you in arguably the most important match in both our history, then going on to win the damn thing, and then on to untold fame and fortune.
It's the stuff of rivalry fairy tales.
Well from our pov anyways.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was a huge embarrassment, on top of losing a very important game.

Time for the Crystal Palace directors and chairman to issue a full and unreserved PUBLIC apology.

Disgraceful as always from palace.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well said. That is the most disappointing aspect in this - that no-one from the senior echelons of your club made a statement once they found out the truth. Also if McCarthy was wrong, why has no-one at the club denied it? It is not something that I would want my club associated with.

I have to say at the time of the incident, I found it strange that no other Palace official or player were quoted on the subject other than Holloway.
Was it they were all aware of the truth at the time except Holloway and once Holloway made such a big thing of it, they just did not want to get involved and hope the whole episode would just go away.

Dec 3, 2012
I'm trying to put myself in Brightons position on this to understand the level of hatred on here and I'm struggling.

Massive overreaction which is funny but a bit weird.

Rivalry has become skewed for some people. Bitterness and a lot of frustration coming out.

Bit of an eye opener.

Dec 3, 2012

Because, quite possibly Parish and co don't know and also, quite probably don't think it's important.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Because, quite possibly Parish and co don't know and also, quite probably don't think it's important.

Didn't think it was important? You must be joking, with all the bad media attention Brighton the club took over the incident they did not feel it important enough to come out with the true story. Wow

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here