Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonar...the-uk-will-be?utm_term=.cbjBmlQoA#.cvZdbJjwV

The government's new analysis of the impact of Brexit says the UK would be worse off outside the European Union under every scenario modelled, BuzzFeed News can reveal.

The assessment, which is titled “EU Exit Analysis – Cross Whitehall Briefing” and dated January 2018, looked at three of the most plausible Brexit scenarios based on existing EU arrangements.

Under a comprehensive free trade agreement with the EU, UK growth would be 5% lower over the next 15 years compared to current forecasts, according to the analysis.

The "no deal" scenario, which would see the UK revert to World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules, would reduce growth by 8% over that period. The softest Brexit option of continued single-market access through membership of the European Economic Area would, in the longer term, still lower growth by 2%.

These calculations do not take into account any short-term hits to the economy from Brexit, such as the cost of adjusting the economy to new customs arrangements.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It amuses me how some Leave enthusiasts just love to be called thick. Perhaps they want to feel put upon. Mental Lental specifically did not describe all 'leavers as dribbling spacktards' - he used the term in respect of people who post in a certain way. Personally, I do my best to avoid name-calling. What's your position?

Yeah that post was specifically aimed at the conspiracy theorist nut job that posted it. Is Pasta acting all indignant about my little use of politically incorrect language? I find that rich coming from a confirmed (beyond all reasonable doubt) sexual pervert.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Of course some of the semi-economically literate Brexiteers (almost an oxymoron I grant you) knew this all along. The patrician Tories who have been banging on about leaving the EU for years actually don't care that they are plunging the country into the dark ages. They might pretend to justify this with hopelessly over-optimistic scenarios involving WTO rule-based trade but I'm sure some of them know that this is nonsense. In short they (and possibly some of our friends on this thread) simply think that it (economic decline) is a price worth paying. Fair enough: but maybe it would have been good for someone to have admitted this at some stage.
So we've had our national destiny driven by an unholy alliance of the unspeakably dreadful Farage and his pitchfork-wielding idiots, old style Tories who live in the 1940s (Bill Cash), the 'left behinds' of the UK rust belt (who could also be seen as the 'cross subsidised' but that's a bit unkind), the not-too-bright who think that the only issue that really matters is that we are over-run by foreigners and the retired coastal Daily Mail reading OAPs who still have not really got used to decimal currency, all headed by the vile (Gove), the ego-drunk opportunists yearning for a place in history (Bojo), the delusional (Rees-Smug) and the intellectually lame (Leadsom).
Welcome to modern Britain. Only kidding: it'll all be fine!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Of course some of the semi-economically literate Brexiteers (almost an oxymoron I grant you) knew this all along. The patrician Tories who have been banging on about leaving the EU for years actually don't care that they are plunging the country into the dark ages. They might pretend to justify this with hopelessly over-optimistic scenarios involving WTO rule-based trade but I'm sure some of them know that this is nonsense. In short they (and possibly some of our friends on this thread) simply think that it (economic decline) is a price worth paying. Fair enough: but maybe it would have been good for someone to have admitted this at some stage.
So we've had our national destiny driven by an unholy alliance of the unspeakably dreadful Farage and his pitchfork-wielding idiots, old style Tories who live in the 1940s (Bill Cash), the 'left behinds' of the UK rust belt (who could also be seen as the 'cross subsidised' but that's a bit unkind), the not-too-bright who think that the only issue that really matters is that we are over-run by foreigners and the retired coastal Daily Mail reading OAPs who still have not really got used to decimal currency, all headed by the vile (Gove), the ego-drunk opportunists yearning for a place in history (Bojo), the delusional (Rees-Smug) and the intellectually lame (Leadsom).

The leave 'leadership' may well be one of the most grotesque alliances in the history of British politics and it isn't surprising that they have made almost no progress in 19 months. Some of them seem to want to treat 24 June 2016 as some kind of Groundhog Day, the rest are so incompetent that they have no idea how to implement anything. Many millions of people with legitimate grievances about how the country and economy has treated them have been badly deceived.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The leave 'leadership' may well be one of the most grotesque alliances in the history of British politics and it isn't surprising that they have made almost no progress in 19 months. Some of them seem to want to treat 24 June 2016 as some kind of Groundhog Day, the rest are so incompetent that they have no idea how to implement anything. Many millions of people with legitimate grievances about how the country and economy has treated them have been badly deceived.

This. I’ve said all along that if those leave voters who have been banging on about wages and jobs think Brexit and the Tories will save them are absolutely in cloud cuckoo land.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This as well.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

You Sir, are today's winner of the internet. What about blue passports though?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The patrician Tories who have been banging on about leaving the EU for years actually don't care that they are plunging the country into the dark ages.

So not content with predicting an instant recession, financial collapse, Armageddon for the NHS, no planes flying and no cancer drugs the remainers now predict we'll be going back to the dark ages. :facepalm: Well I guess it will make WWIII interesting with axes, bows and arrows, tar and swords.

Last edited:

larus

So no content with predicting an instant recession, financial collapse, Armageddon for the NHS, no planes flying and no cancer drugs the remainers now predict we'll be going back to the dark ages. :facepalm: Well I guess it will make WWIII interesting with axes, bows and arrows, tar and swords.

Bows and arrows and swords. You lucky, lucky b*stard. We can only dream of that level of luxury post Brexit.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Don't forget that Jeremy Corbyn is also on the Brexit bandwagon. His party clearly isn't, but he is, and he'll drag them all to the precipice with him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
27% price increase but no free movement allowed to 27 countries. Its to get us in the mood we will pay more for less in future

Typical remainer - take the worse case but don't mention the increase that will effect a majority .... 3% for online applications. I guess you've already decided to go back to the dark ages.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ysis-eu-david-davis-theresa-may-a8184471.html

Hard to believe the Brexiteer thickos are still trying to defend their precious Brexit after this damning revelation. With any other policy this would put an end to the nonsense but no, seems the government are as stubborn and dense as the four Leave voters on here that still believe it's the right thing to do. Though I suspect even they are not stupid enough to actually think that anymore.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So not content with predicting an instant recession, financial collapse, Armageddon for the NHS, no planes flying and no cancer drugs the remainers now predict we'll be going back to the dark ages. :facepalm: Well I guess it will make WWIII interesting with axes, bows and arrows, tar and swords.

No one said no cancer drugs. People have said that licensing could take longer as this is typical for countries outside the EU and US.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ysis-eu-david-davis-theresa-may-a8184471.html

Hard to believe the Brexiteer thickos are still trying to defend their precious Brexit after this damning revelation. With any other policy this would put an end to the nonsense but no, seems the government are as stubborn and dense as the four Leave voters on here that still believe it's the right thing to do. Though I suspect even they are not stupid enough to actually think that anymore.

The Little Englanders will get their Little England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here