Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer thread - other clubs

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I see the geordies signed a defender today as well. Fabian Schar . Swiss international. Looks another decent signing.

Fulham signing Schurlle was decent as well.

Levels in our league going to be higher than last year possibly

Quick look on Hudds forum and they are not a happy bunch.

Agree that the level is going to get higher.

Schar is a bargain for £3mill and Muto looks like a good striker to bring in. Their squad now looks tighter than it did 48 hours ago and I would imagine, providing Rafa stays.

For me, I cannot understand why Burnley haven't bought anyone... If they get past Aberdeen (should but not easy) and get through against Istanbul Basaksehir (difficult knockout tie) they are going to be playing more games with less players. Always a recipe for disaster.

Southampton have got rid of some seriously big names, including January record signing Guido Carillo this summer. Their signings have been alright, but hardly wow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But if they get 75M for Maguire they may be willing to offer silly money for Dunk.
Well it will have be absolutely hilarious money, that people will still be laughing at for years [emoji38]ol:

I think they have left it too late in the window, but it would give Dunk a decent payrise I suspect.

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bournemouth, Cardiff, Palace, Burnley, Everton and Saints have all been a bit quiet so far, leaving it fairly late in the window to get new faces in.

Huddersfield and Watford have brought in more in terms of numbers, but can't say I'm convinced of their quality (on paper at least)?

Us, Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham should probably be the happiest with our business, from the "other 14" Prem clubs. Think Fulham getting Schurrle and Seri in particular is a right coup.

It would make me laugh if the hammers had a mare, given ~£100m has been thrown around - just imagine the hissy fit the locals would throw, they'd burn down the stadium. On paper though, Yarmolenko, Diop, Fredericks, Fabianski & Anderson is a very decent window. Even Wilshere could be a great signing, if he spends more than 10 minutes on the pitch.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's good to get the numbers but then it's getting the team. We've done well lately but overseas players are always a gamble. Seems most of ours have a grasp of English, which is good.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well it will have be absolutely hilarious money, that people will still be laughing at for years [emoji38]ol:

I think they have left it too late in the window, but it would give Dunk a decent payrise I suspect.

I was told we’d agreed a deal with Leicester for Dunk 2 months ago!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Despite that he looked good enough to be linked with the Albion, by one of the countries foremost scouts, (and Sussex & Surrey FA fax machine loader) for the next 4 years.

Looked it up. Greer and El-Abd at the back. Crofts and Spanish Dave in midfield. Pacy.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Man Utd have offered Phil Jones,Chris Smalling, and £20 million for Maguire.

Leicester have turned them down, said they only want the£20 million :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Everton could probably do with bringing some more players in. Lost 3-0 to Blackburn yesterday.

They've just sold Dutch midfielder Dave Klaasen to Werder Bremen, for £12m a stonking £12m loss in just 12 months. Here's an early call - that was the worst bit of transfer business last summer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Davy Klaassen gone from Everton to Werder Bremen

Interesting in as much was a massive success in Holland ( 1 in 3 as an AM ) and went to everton for 24million.

Didn't cut it !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Maguire goes, there is talk that they will be in for Dunk!
I think (hope) Lewis looks at what's happening at The Albion and wants to play a big part...Could be his big chance to break into the England squad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here