Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Breakfast Pie

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh goody. Another poll.

Go on then.

I said I'm cool with Heinz. So you'll have to specify the manufacturer. That means not only the likes of HP but also the outlet branded beans (Sainsbury, Safeway, etc). This needs to be thorough. But no weird SA stuff please (umngqusho or chakalaka & pap with biltong chunks etc).

Dont think I am going to start a poll, there are too many permutations and outside the top 3 or 4 they are all the same. But just so you know it would take C200 747s to ship Heinz beans to the 2 million or so who eat them daily. You can thank me when that comes up at you next pub quiz

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A baked bean pie would have been better than the breakfast pie, which was essentially a potato and bean pie with some odd herbs.
Ok there was a bit of sausage, but that was not Lincolnshire as advertised. I did find two teeny slimy mushrooms that distracted from the bland bean and potato by being disgusting (I like mushrooms) and the promise of bacon that never appeared was somehow far more upsetting than not securing another striker last transfer window.
I'm off pies until they agree to bring back spicy Dutch meatball.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Had one at the Bournemouth game. Not up to the standard of previousbreakfast pies. Won't make the same mistake today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Had one at the Bournemouth game. Won’t make that mistake again. All beans. Soggy and undercooked too - not sure the caterers can cope with the complexities of an early kick off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why on earth anyone would want a baked bean pie is beyond me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
WSU only seems to have the standard pies each game :(

Ive bought a guest pie (chilli, festive, breakfast, jalfrezi) pie in the WSU at every home game for last 3 months.

Try the stall closer to the North Stand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IMG_20180120_113251_5.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wasn't that impressed with the breakfast pie on new years day but I just really enjoyed the Red Leicester sausage roll

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Breakfast in a pie just doesn’t appeal so well chuffed that ESU had the Jalfrezi in too! A magnificent pie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Soon as I had the first bite I knew I'd made a mistake, beans and tomatoes with tiny morsels of bland sausage. Shame, I usually enjoy the pies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here