Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Milliband promises to increase minimum wage if elected

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Insulate some homes ey?

didn't he already propose this policy as Energy secretary? the one where we all have £100 added on our energy bills to pay for it.

thing i see about Miliband is he has alot of laudable goals, but not much in the way of policy of how to deliver them.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
didn't he already propose this policy as Energy secretary? the one where we all have £100 added on our energy bills to pay for it.

thing i see about Miliband is he has alot of laudable goals, but not much in the way of policy of how to deliver them.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Lots of fluffy nice sounding stuff but nothing on how it's going to be delivered.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
This dork is an idiot. All the problems this country face at the moment are down to his party. If people want this party in power then they'll finally ruin this country once and for all.

The point is that the Tories (who aren't keen on the policy) have done nothing to encourage uptake, so rollout of the measures has been extremely slow. It's a very good (and cheap) policy, if you can get the delivery mechanism right. Caroline Flint talked about involving local authorities in the roll out, which would ensure much better takeup.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This feels like a Tory convention...

..not enough Regional accents and booing from Union types for me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's shocking how it's rocketed in the past 4 years. The good news is we can get shot of these clowns next May.

And it's not shocking how it rose in the previous 4 years? Red or Blue, neither of them have a clue how to deal with it to suit their own policies, and neither of them will want to try and work it out as that would constitute compromise.

D

Deleted member 22389

He bangs on constantly about the rich, and then he bangs on about entrepreneurs. Don't we need entrepreneurs to build businesses and employ people. But when the entrepreneurs make money they become one of the rich people he talks about, just like him and his friends.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I wouldn't believe everything you read in The Sun and The Daily Mail.

I think if you want to be open minded and really get down the detail of any of the parties policies then all newspapers are best avoided altogether.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seeing as Ed dragged his missus up on stage at the end, the burning issue for NSC is ....

Yes or No?

I'm going yes, after a couple of pints

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing as Ed dragged his missus up on stage at the end, the burning issue for NSC is ....

Yes or No?

I'm going yes, after a couple of pints

Definitely, after Merkel of course.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I wouldn't believe everything you read in The Sun and The Daily Mail.

1996. I walked around hove and bought a one bedroom flat for £42,000 and bought another for £44,000 down station road. I was earning £40k a year and the bank lent me £100k. Lived in one and rented the other out. I could move from job to job as they were easy to get, anyone could get a mortgage then and a job as well which paid good wages, Labour come into power in 1997 and open the gates to mass immigration and the country is ****ed up. Today, thanks to labour, children can't afford homes so live with parents till mid 30's, not enough houses, NHS can't cope with the influx, NHS under Labour was shocking with hundreds dieing in some hospitals, patients left in gangways, drinking out of vases,, schools are at bursting point even though Tony Blair said in 97 that there's be 15 pupils to a class now it's 40 plus in some schools, some schools have English as their second Language, not enough jobs and the wages are compressed.

But I'm alright, as my two flats are worth £190,000 and £200,000. I'm okay and sitting pretty. Labour are full of utter crap. They'll bring this country to it's knees if they ever gain power again.

D

Deleted member 22389

1996. I walked around hove and bought a one bedroom flat for £42,000 and bought another for £44,000 down station road. I was earning £40k a year and the bank lent me £100k. Lived in one and rented the other out. I could move from job to job as they were easy to get, anyone could get a mortgage then and a job as well which paid good wages, Labour come into power in 1997 and open the gates to mass immigration and the country is ****ed up. Today, thanks to labour, children can't afford homes so live with parents till mid 30's, not enough houses, NHS can't cope with the influx, NHS under Labour was shocking with hundreds dieing in some hospitals, patients left in gangways, drinking out of vases,, schools are at bursting point even though Tony Blair said in 97 that there's be 15 pupils to a class now it's 40 plus in some schools, some schools have English as their second Language, not enough jobs and the wages are compressed.

But I'm alright, as my two flats are worth £190,000 and £200,000. I'm okay and sitting pretty. Labour are full of utter crap. They'll bring this country to it's knees if they ever gain power again.

I think my first question about immigration was why? It was OK before and I don't think anyone has really benefitted from it. All that has happened is everywhere has got busier. It has also created other problems, so now we need to spend even more money managing it.

So we need more midwives and nurses because the NHS is struggling. Labour will blame the Tories, and the Tories will blame Labour. I will blame Labour mostly for this one because they opened our doors to mass immigration, it hasn't helped. More people are using the NHS than ever. How many more people do they expect to squeeze in to this country.

The population of the US is 313,000 million, population of the UK is 64 million. How many times can we fit the UK in the US?
Those numbers just shows you how over populated we really are. Italy is now not far behind us either.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I am guessing you are a Conservative.
I am pleased that you are doing well and making loads of money.
Maybe you could pop down the local supermarket to buy some pot noodles and drop them off at your local food bank you wont have to search to hard to find it and they would be very grateful, after all we are all in it together.
Be careful walking home though you dont want to go to hospital in an ambulance as you may die while they queue up at A&E

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I am guessing you are a Conservative.
I am pleased that you are doing well and making loads of money.
Maybe you could pop down the local supermarket to buy some pot noodles and drop them off at your local food bank you wont have to search to hard to find it and they would be very grateful, after all we are all in it together.
Be careful walking home though you dont want to go to hospital in an ambulance as you may die while they queue up at A&E

You really are thick aren't you just like all the other lefties. Can't you read between the lines. We wouldn't be in this predicament if it wasn't for the loony left Labour party and their mass immigration policy.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I think my first question about immigration was why?

It's because the Loony left, Labour party ,wanted mass immigration regardless of the damage it'll do to our country because they knew it'll piss the right wing (Conservatives) off and by letting in millions of immigrants from all over the world and bending over backwards to accommodate them then when it came to the general elections then they thought these immigrants would vote Labour. Look at the Muslim population in the country, who do they vote for? Yes, the Labour party. All these gang rapes, who's doorstep did it happen on? Yes, Labour controlled areas, they want their votes and all other immigrants votes and that is facts.

Labour hate the English.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The worrying thing is that millions of people would probably believe that ridiculous statement when even 5 seconds of googling would show how completely, 180 degrees incorrect, it is. Just for those who can't waste five seconds of their own time:

article-0-190F39AD000005DC-388_634x382.jpg

The worrying thing is people who measure national debt as a sum of money rather than a percentage of income (ie GDP)! Who works out their spending budget based on what they earned 20 years ago?

The population of the US is 313,000 million, population of the UK is 64 million. How many times can we fit the UK in the US?
Those numbers just shows you how over populated we really are. Italy is now not far behind us either.

What a load of childish garbage. If you are going to use an analogy, make it sensible! In 1900, our population was 38m and the US 76m (the land mass was about the same apart from about 11,000 square miles of Hawaii). In 1961 the populations were 52m and 183m and in 1991 58m and 252m. I trust you are glad that our population hasn't grown at the same rate as the US!!!

D

Deleted member 22389

It's because the Loony left, Labour party ,wanted mass immigration regardless of the damage it'll do to our country because they knew it'll piss the right wing (Conservatives) off and by letting in millions of immigrants from all over the world and bending over backwards to accommodate them then when it came to the general elections then they thought these immigrants would vote Labour. Look at the Muslim population in the country, who do they vote for? Yes, the Labour party. All these gang rapes, who's doorstep did it happen on? Yes, Labour controlled areas, they want their votes and all other immigrants votes and that is facts.

Labour hate the English.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...K-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here