Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where’s Dale

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was having the same conversation with El Pres and a few others recently about the no frills midfielders that have been a massive influence on the pitch and made their team-mates- who received all the plaudits - much better players: I offered Crofts, Hammond, Kishishev and El Pres added McNab, Horton and Grealish.

Always been the way. Ronnie Whelan at Liverpool in a very long career held everything together in a brilliant midfield, but rarely got headlines.

Great shout about Kishishev, he oozed class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was having the same conversation with El Pres and a few others recently about the no frills midfielders that have been a massive influence on the pitch and made their team-mates- who received all the plaudits - much better players: I offered Crofts, Hammond, Kishishev and El Pres added McNab, Horton and Grealish.

I think Kishishev and Horton did get the plaudits though?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Always been the way. Ronnie Whelan at Liverpool in a very long career held everything together in a brilliant midfield, but rarely got headlines.

Great shout about Kishishev, he oozed class.
Really pleased that other Brighton fans still remember him.A real shame that he was a one season wonder at the very end of his career

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think Kishishev and Horton did get the plaudits though?
Horton maybe but I wonder if that was because he was captain. Kishishev? I'd have to agree to disagree. That season it was Bennett, Bridcutt and Lua Lua who grabbed the headlines and unless I'm blind, I rarely ever see Kishishev mentioned on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

For me, Crofts was criminally under rated.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stephens may just have taken a step closer to an England call-up today

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stephens may just have taken a step closer to an England call-up today

Sadly, I can't see it myself. If Dunk can't get in the England team then I really can't see Stevens getting a shout. There's definitely a glass ceiling in place for players at smaller clubs where England call ups are concerned.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sadly, I can't see it myself. If Dunk can't get in the England team then I really can't see Stevens getting a shout. There's definitely a glass ceiling in place for players at smaller clubs where England call ups are concerned.

I agree that it would a bold move to pick a Brighton player, but I do think that Stephens has more of a chance than Dunk. There are loads of English centre backs around but not so many English midfielders in the Stephens mould, He's clearly highly rated by his fellow pros

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All about opinions. I think Stephens has decent pace, but it's Propper's main weakness.

It really isn't about opinions. Pace is something that is measurable, just as passing accuracy is. To the best of my knowledge, there are widespread stats for the latter, but not the former.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here