Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

• Yes he is

Votes: 341 88.3%
  • He's not yet, but he could become one

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • He could never be an Albion legend

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
This is a team performance not just a Muzza and Chris show.
It's great that Muzza has raised back to what he can produce but I would be applauding the recruitment team for his return to full ability.

He's done several interviews in the last week where he's done exactly that , praising Pascal Gross especially.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...view-showing-his-premier-league-class-aged-34

and see this from yesterday
[tweet]970278933794082816[/tweet]
https://twitter.com/BHAFCORLANDO/status/970278933794082816

boik

I can't see how he can ever become a legend, when he went to Palarse and then tried to go back again.

Some fans are blinded by the hype, the media even believe he is our saviour, he has 4 pens to his name and has had some amazing balls played into for him to finish, from Gross.

This is a team performance not just a Muzza and Chris show.
It's great that Muzza has raised back to what he can produce but I would be applauding the recruitment team for his return to full ability.

Think your bait is getting a bit stale mate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bozza thinking of what poll to start next:

A-1770041-1273643715.jpeg.jpg

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, this was amazing. God forbid he's just a nice guy who gets on with his job. He isn't an AK with his celebrations and the like but so what? He clearly loves the city, his record for us is undeniable, and he is obviously a really lovely man.

And Christ, after seeing Ozil's behaviour yesterday we really have NOTHING to complain about about any of our players.

That was great. Well done Glenn.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Murray's goals got Palace to the Premier League to allow them to be relegated in our first season while we stay up. He was playing the long game all along.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Most definitely a legend, I couldn't give a shit about him playing for Palace or the fact that he doesn't go around high fiving every fan when he scores. Without Murray we would not be where we are now, and I wonder where we would be if Poyet hadn't fallen for CMS's golden locks.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Having had the good fortune to meet the man at last season's awards dinner, I found him to be a genuinely modest and amenable chap. A really nice guy, who as a fan you are happy to cheer on. His competitive spirit since the arrival of Leo and Locadia has been simply astounding, you will have to tear that shirt off his back while having a few people holding him down first.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That last minute goal and celebration at Birmingham.

Doesn't love the club and never smiles?
Yeah right.???

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I remember being there at Northampton when he made his debut for us. Pretty shite evening but who knew that 10 years later he would score the winner against Arsenal in the Prem.

When Glenn left I was dissapointed - but when it was confirmed he had signed for Palace I was spitting blood. I was younger and sillier then but if I had seen him in the street I probably would have swung for him (and truth be told he would have probably ironed me out :lol:)

When he re-signed I had a lot of mates who swore they would never cheer his goals, never sing his name. I said if he scored that goals that took us up then all would be forgiven. He did that and more, so yes he is 100% a Brighton & Hove Albion legend un-questionably in my eyes.

I don't care if he is the glummest, drabbest man in the world (which he isn't) - the goals he has scored has cemented his place in Albion history - as a legend.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Definite legend status.

Although for me personally, it's a different type of 'legend' to Bobby.

Watching Bobby play was the first memory I have of football going with my Dad and the way that he played was immense. He was the shining star when we were playing at the Withdean.

But Glenn is fantastic and a definite legend for Brighton.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Needs to score at Selhurst to CONDEMN them to relegation and poetic justice will really be complete.

Because he's a class act he won't celebrate though, which backs into the "never a legend" school of thought.

For me, it's ridiculous to suggest that he isn't. Sure, he looked a bit miserable during his first couple of seasons, but he was playing in a thoroughly awful side for a lot of that. His time at our club has come at the same as some of our best years and that's no coincidence.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
If we're talking about strikers, I have seen every one we have had since the days of Bill Cassidy, Jack and Bobby Smith in the early 60s. Glenn has scored more league goals than any of them. Only Wardy (to date) scored more in the top flight. If he had been paired with CMS in 2011, I think he would have fired us to the PL earlier.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes ....

.... playing wise, particularly for his goals, he probably is a legend. The problem being that all our other legends there's been some sort of enthusiasm from then - a warm personality, a gratefulness of the fans and of being here. We don't seem to get that from Murray - just not someone I've warmed to. He never looks really happy.

I know, pathetic reason to say he's not a legend but there you go ....

I almost agree. I've never really embraced him as a personality, never got particularly excited about him (nor ever really taken against him, and have no animosity over him signing for palace), but where I disagree is that I don't think that lack of emotional connection is enough to say he isn't a legend. His contribution to two promotions and (hopefully) at least one premier league survival is enough alone, imo, to consider him a legend.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
All this aloof arrogant stuff is nonsense.

If you've ever met him you'd realise he is ridiculously shy and introverted. Even when he stood in the playground waiting for his kid he was painfully aware that people are looking at him.

From what I know of him, he's a great bloke and dedicated family man.

On the footballing side of things, he's proven he can score at every level and he's done so with the Albion.

2 promotions and now hopefully survival in the Premier League.

To top it all, as part of the player inauguration during pre-season they make new players stand up and sign a song. Joining us last season he sang "Let it go" from Frozen.

LEGEND

Oct 25, 2003
It’s a funny one- he’s now outscored Zamora and may pass Peter Ward this season- two undisputed Albion legends.

Even before he joined Palace he was dividing opinion- up until his final season the jury was definitely out- he was accused of being lazy, not caring etc (not by me I might add). When he left I’m sure there would be people on here who wouldn’t have been bothered had it not been to Palace- the Murray out/CMS In situation definitely had support at the time.

I think his playing style and aloof/shy demeanour means that some fans, who prefer a “blood and thunder” type have struggled to connect with him over the years.

To answer the original question, yes, he’s definitely an Albion legend. The best striker I’ve seen at the club (yes- I include Zamora in that) and the top Albion scorer of my lifetime. The bloke is an absolute goal monster and a nightmare to play against. His spell up the road only further improves his legacy as he’s had to work hard to secure his redemption which for me he has done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here