Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
A response to the accusations [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] for the benefit of the jury if you please.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, you have misunderstood me. I actually sort of agreed with what you were saying, and that's what my response was in relation to. I view calling people selfish because they have a different point of view to you as how to achieve the best outcome for everyone in society (which I'm sure most people want) as insulting. I drew parallels with the EU referendum. Reading it back, I can see how you thought that was a dig at you, but it wasn't. I agree with much of this post.

I did mean to add a line that you may have been talking about the original post, not my own.

I stand by what I said though as a general point, although I should add that it's only some of those who tend to the left who act in the way I have described. The majority of those left of centre are decent people who don't feel the need to denigrate their friends, family, neighbours and colleagues who also want the best for our country, but may vote a different way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Schools have also had large increases to their staffs national insurance and pension contributions. These increases have to come out of the same budget the government keeps referring to but strangely never mentions that they have left schools with no option but to drastically trim teaching and support staff.

The staff at Mrs.V's school in Brighton have been told that they now are over budget and that staff have to go, this will take place by Jan 2018.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
May to be next PM out to 1.19/1.20 on Betfair now - it was 1.14/1.15 this time last night.

I don't know what that means. What does that mean in simple English?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have loved to have seen Nigel up there, he would have got royally ganged up on but hey, he would have held his own.

Yesterdays man, no relevance to todays debate. You got the current UKIP leader who proved beyond doubt that he will not be elected next Thursday and that UKIP have no place in British politics going forward.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Some hilarious vids traveling around the net atm of May

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

larus

Jesus snowflake. I said Tories are selfish, without any swearing. Get a grip of yourself.

Yes, but that's a pathetic state to to make. You and your left-wing chums constantly go on about the nasty party and how mean Tory voters are. The reality is that most people have similar views on what they want for the country, it's just a different emphasis on how to achieve it.

Idiots like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] would actually say that if the Tory party were presenting the Labour manifesto as their own, that it's crap. You are no better.

The problem with politics in this country is the confrontational style and the debates on here at a reflection of that. There is no acceptance of the fact the under the last Labour government they made huge fu*ck-ups (PFI, over-spending even in the good years, and leaving the country on it's knees with a 10% annual deficit).

Until this pathetic name calling stops (and this is mainly from the left-wingers) we'll never get a sensible debate.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I did mean to add a line that you may have been talking about the original post, not my own.

I stand by what I said though as a general point, although I should add that it's only some of those who tend to the left who act in the way I have described. The majority of those left of centre are decent people who don't feel the need to denigrate their friends, family, neighbours and colleagues who also want the best for our country, but may vote a different way.

The same could be said of right-of-centre people too; there's been more than a few insults coming from that direction too.

I am a card-carrying member of the Labour Party but I tend not to get stuck in to these threads very much because of the vitriol that flows both ways (I've done it myself).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Some hilarious vids traveling around the net atm of May

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Good fun isn't it. Have you seen the one of the man of the peoples 7 bedroom mansion set in its own grounds that JC was brought up in. Nice gaff, his parents must have got on the property ladder eh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Is this sort of ****ish line of thought that I so despise.

Have to agree (although not with the language !).It's very difficult to have a political debate when people are making sweeping generalizations and point scoring. It's not necessary to insult voters of other parties for having the temerity to take a different viewpoint. I have relatives who vote for all the main parties, take different views on Brexit and numerous other issues and I respect each of them and their views.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but that's a pathetic state to to make. You and your left-Wong chums constantly go on about the nasty party and how mean Tory voters are. The reality is that most people have similar views on what they want for the country, it's just a different emphasis on how to achieve it.

Idiots like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] would actually say that if the Tory party were presenting the Labour manifesto as their own, that it's crap. You are no better.

The problem with politics in this country is the confrontational style and the debates on here at a reflection of that. There is no acceptance of the fact the under the last Labour government they made huge fu*ck-ups (PFI, over-spending even in the good years, and leaving the country on it's knees with a % annual deficit).

Until this pathetic name calling stops (and this is mainly from the left-wingers) we'll never get a sensible debate.

You call [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] an idiot then complain about "pathetic name calling" Exactly which leg were you standing on when you posted this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know what that means. What does that mean in simple English?

The odds of May to be the next PM are lengthening.

24 hours ago they were about 1/7. At their lowest they were 1/33. Now they are about 1/4 and lengthening rapidly, There is little liquidity in the market currently, although over £2m has been traded already, so the odds could lengthen very quickly from here.

Does it mean anything? Maybe yes, maybe no. But the Betfair market is about as pure as they come so is very good barometer on sentiment.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anything that upsets the Mail is good with me :)

The audience was in Cambridge, people hate the Tories what they have done in the past 2 years.If they had it in Hartlepool they'd get a different audience we see it every week on Question Time

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Odds have lengthened

The odds of May to be the next PM are lengthening.

24 hours ago they were about 1/7. At their lowest they were 1/33. Now they are about 1/4 and lengthening rapidly, There is little liquidity in the market currently, although over £2m has been traded already, so the odds could lengthen very quickly from here.

Does it mean anything? Maybe yes, maybe no. But the Betfair market is about as pure as they come so is very good barometer on sentiment.

Thanks, that means the bookies are backing May, right?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good fun isn't it. Have you seen the one of the man of the peoples 7 bedroom mansion set in its own grounds that JC was brought up in. Nice gaff, his parents must have got on the property ladder eh.

Pathetic....... Winston Churchill was brought up in Blenheim Palace, he had an even better start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here