Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I may have done - I don’t recall every response to every post.

However, I was trying to point out that the reply from Two Professors which you linked to my earlier comments, was to one from the remain side slagging off leavers as being thick.

M'mm again. I accept that one man's banter is another man's grievous insult, but are you really sure that 2P was responding to a post that slagged off leavers as being thick? The post he reacted to seemed to be this: "I was in the Adriatic the week before last, HT is in the Balearics this week. Probably the closest you've been to a correct answer on this thread though". Pretty harmless stuff. Most of us have had much worse thrown in our directions - including from 2P in my case.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I may have done - I don’t recall every response to every post.

However, I was trying to point out that the reply from Two Professors which you linked to my earlier comments, was to one from the remain side slagging off leavers as being thick.

If you care to trawl back through some of this thread you will no doubt see that leavers are accused of being:
1. Thick.
2. Racist.
3. Xenophobic.
4. Old.
5. No caring about the country.
6. Believing everything that the Leave campaign said.

So, yes. There has been spite back from the Brexit posters on here, but theres been just as much from the Remain side. And maybe you are right, we don’t pick up on the viscousness of the comments from those who support our own position.

If you read back, you will find examples of leavers being:
1. Thick.
2. Racist.
3. Xenophobic.
4. Old.
6. Believing everything that the Leave campaign said

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you read back, you will find examples of leavers being:
1. Thick.
2. Racist.
3. Xenophobic.
4. Old.
6. Believing everything that the Leave campaign said

Leavers on this thread being racist?
How many racist posts on here have you reported to the mods? What sort of feedback did you get?

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leavers on this thread being racist?
How many racist posts on here have you reported to the mods? What sort of feedback did you get?

I've reported none, but there are a few posters who have expressed racist views. One claimed he couldn't be racist when I challenged his view, as he had mixed heritage himself, can't remember the name of the poster.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've reported none, but there are a few posters who have expressed racist views. One claimed he couldn't be racist when I challenged his view, as he had mixed heritage himself, can't remember the name of the poster.

So a few posters have expressed racist views and one of them you cant remember. what about the other ones, what were the racist posts they posted? Or cant you remember those either?
More importantly why didnt you report any of the posts?
I wonder how many other remainers would like to claim along with you that leavers had been racist on this thread, i wonder how many racist posts from leavers they can remember or find, (probably zero), i wonder how many of these racist posts they reported as well (probably zero).

larus

M'mm again. I accept that one man's banter is another man's grievous insult, but are you really sure that 2P was responding to a post that slagged off leavers as being thick? The post he reacted to seemed to be this: "I was in the Adriatic the week before last, HT is in the Balearics this week. Probably the closest you've been to a correct answer on this thread though". Pretty harmless stuff. Most of us have had much worse thrown in our directions - including from 2P in my case.

You're right. I saw the previous quote by Raleigh Chopper which was
"Most intelligent people voted remain.
Most of the others are hillbillies." (which was also quoting Watford Zero)

and I mistakenly linked 2P reply to that. My mistake.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Most intelligent people think you flounced:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce: away a week ago,and are a complete tosspot.Hope the Adriatic can recover soon from being polluted by you,probably the closest you haver been to coming clean.I hope you were looking to move their full time.:):wave:

If living in Birmingham on Benefits makes you that angry, maybe you should have worked a little harder when you were younger.

Then you may have more options at the age you are now :shrug:

(and it's there)

As children say “He started it Miss”.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So a few posters have expressed racist views and one of them you cant remember. what about the other ones, what were the racist posts they posted? Or cant you remember those either?
More importantly why didnt you report any of the posts?
I wonder how many other remainers would like to claim along with you that leavers had been racist on this thread, i wonder how many racist posts from leavers they can remember or find, (probably zero), i wonder how many of these racist posts they reported as well (probably zero).

Not all have "been racist" in their statement, but have expressed a racist view, one is pretty and pink, another has or had an avatar mocking a dead Irishman. If you want to trawl the thread for statements by those two, you will find them, I can't be bothered just to prove a point to a **** like you.

I can have a guess at the one of mixed heritage, I could well be wrong but I think he is from Portslade.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think that the rise in employment since the leave vote must be causing you a great deal of distress as you can’t say “I told you so”.

Same as not having a crash in house prices.
Nor interest rates shooting up.
Nor a recession.

Never mind, when we next have a recession (which we will, it’s natural in economies), then you can jump on the case and proudly announce to all that you knew that this would happen with Brexit. Now, that may be 1,2,5 or 10 years away, but your time will come. However, unless you wish to state now when this will happen, you could do us all a favour and admit that you really don’t have a clue about it.

Forecasting is a tricky business - even with sophisticated models. Economists (of whom I am not one) will often have to fall back on the 'all other things being equal' assumption to examine and predict the effect of a given variable. So I'm afraid the best I can do is to say that assuming this - and depending on the 'hardness' of the Brexit arrangements - unemployment will rise. This will start to take effect within the first 2 quarters of Brexit.

To be honest this is a low-hanging fruit prediction. I'd give it a (conservative) 95% probability. Is that OK old chum? What's more worrying is the medium to longer term outlook.

And lest you think that I take some sort of joy out of this, I did write that I 'regret' this happening,

PS this will take place outwith the usual economic cycle; indeed it might well trigger a recession,

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most intelligent people think you flounced:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce: away a week ago,and are a complete tosspot.Hope the Adriatic can recover soon from being polluted by you,probably the closest you haver been to coming clean.I hope you were looking to move their full time.:):wave:
Ugh. You are foul.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This thread actually shows there are some nasty pieces of work who infest this site. Who would have thought it.

There are a number who go beyond “banter”, beyond a bit of ribbing leavers as “thickos” and get into creepy, deeply personal insult territory. They clearly cannot handle a bit of stick and go straight on the attack. God only knows how they deal with real life because they get very upset on here.
As I said before , this is quite a nasty thread now. The way TP and that Larus character speak to people on here is pathetic.
And it’s no coincidence their posts are full of typos and spelling errors. Thickos.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
WS’s last two posts being a prime example. Not addressing the post or the topic. Just waiting to pounce on a poster who has posted things they don’t like. What a nasty, nasty piece of work.Pathetic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So trying to cut us out from trade was OK in your view?

Not worth discussing any more. The EU is perfect in your mind, other countries are great and the UK is shite. I’ve got it now.

I really wouldn't bother discussing anything with Plooks - he's a liar. He claimed to have left the UK and then contradicted himself. He was going to organise a mass uprising against Brexit .... can't see he's done sod all. He hates old people and anyone that owns their own home. Basically he's a bitter little sixth former.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really wouldn't bother discussing anything with Plooks - he's a liar. He claimed to have left the UK and then contradicted himself. He was going to organise a mass uprising against Brexit .... can't see he's done sod all. He hates old people and anyone that owns their own home. Basically he's a bitter little sixth former.

You’re a dick.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here