Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bargain of the season surely for £3m. No player has made a bigger impact on a club for a smaller or equivalent fee. There is usually a free transfer knocking around - either a centre-back nearing the end of their career, or a poacher extraordinaire - but not this season.

TalkSport have him as one of their top bargains - along with Ryan and Izquierdo. Amazing scouting from us.

https://talksport.com/football/prem...-value-money-signings-season-180417279223?p=0

Which just goes to show that the person we'll do best to hang on to is Paul Winstanley. Apart from Bloom, that is.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We had a real determination to carry out a plan last night. We sat when we needed to, but we were also confident in possession and going forward, that in those first 20mins we had enough threat that Spurs had no choice but to retreat and take less risks. It was nervy at times, but given the pressure, it was a resilient brave performance, not only brave physically as I thought we put ourselves about as much as we have in a while, but brave mentality in wanting the ball and wanting to attack. Really pleased with what we saw. In some respects disappointed not to have won it!

I go along with all of this. If you saw Spurs in the last 10 minutes or so, they really pushed up the pitch when the ball was in our half/penalty area making it really compressed. The only other club this season that I can really remember doing this at The Amex were Bournemouth, when they were chasing the game (City probably did it too, but that was a long time ago). The fact that Spurs only did this in the closing period says a lot about how we played: we're solid, but not unadventurous, which might be the most succinct way I can sum up a CH side, or us under CH at the very least.

Last edited:

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The thing with Pascal is that by the time you see it, he has already done the thing that makes him great. He works himself into positions on the pitch where he always has time on the ball in areas where he can really influence the game. But like many other players who fulfill that role for other teams he is not a luxury player. His work rate is exceptional. We are extremely lucky to have him.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The thing with Pascal is that by the time you see it, he has already done the thing that makes him great. He works himself into positions on the pitch where he always has time on the ball in areas where he can really influence the game. But like many other players who fulfill that role for other teams he is not a luxury player. His work rate is exceptional. We are extremely lucky to have him.

Agreed. Apparently he ran over 13km on Tuesday -- I seem to remember [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] posted as much, and may be able to confirm a source. What struck me about Pascal on Tuesday was the way he sprinted intensely to the channels on the relevant side of the pitch when we'd switched the ball from one side to the other quickly.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Extraordinary first touch. Pascal has control of the football that is almost Vicente-esque. He is THE bargain of the PL season. And as we all know, if he had pace he'd be a £100m footballer.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agreed. Apparently he ran over 13km on Tuesday -- I seem to remember [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] posted as much, and may be able to confirm a source. What struck me about Pascal on Tuesday was the way he sprinted intensely to the channels on the relevant side of the pitch when we'd switched the ball from one side to the other quickly.

Yep. He just keeps going. It was from a tweet by Sky Sports.

This one in fact

[tweet]986350194529914890[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wir haben Gross, Pascal Gross, Ich glaube sie verstehen nicht. Er kostet vier mill, er besser als Özil, wir haben Pascal Gross.

what a marvellous player.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Turns out he was pretty good.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Wir haben Gross, Pascal Gross, Ich glaube sie verstehen nicht. Er kostet vier mill, er besser als Özil, wir haben Pascal Gross.

what a marvellous player.
Genau. Best thing out of Germany since V-E Day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't remember any Cryuff Turns tonight.

GET RID.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
tumblr_m214ha013o1r115hxo1_250.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here