Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB, I'm up for it! ! Trying to sneak out of work early in the hunt for hills! A grimpeur. ..what a smashing word; I'll take that Stat!
They aren't difficult to find.
The fact that you've managed to avoid so many, for so long, is a minor miracle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seriously pissed off about this. They won't want us to have it again for years:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/34385718

What an absolute wanker. Their bid (which probably cost a large sum in itself) beat Manchester and Edinburgh, then they **** it for everyone. Then say it's just tough choices. What a total bellend. Pro cyclist my arse, fat prick.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sagan deserves to wear the rainbow stripes - as has been said elsewhere, the sheer number of second places he gets proves what an amazing all-rounder he is. It seems that others have been trying to do whatever they can to deny Sagan victories this season, often to their own detriment, which goes to show how feared he is.

I thought MTN-Qheubeka were inspirational this season, but will definitely be supporting them (or 'Team Dimension Data') with Cav riding for them. Alright, Cav is no 'G', but he is still brilliant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the moment I have a surprise day off NEXT Saturday, does anyone fancy a:-

CLUB

RIDE

We have plenty of options, although none to the south!

Traditionally when heading east the meet up point has been palace Pier @ 8:30.
If you want to Go West perhaps meet up at Worthing Pier @ 9am.
Or we could head north from Shoreham.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

CLUB

RIDE

That's a shame Stat, staying in Royal Tunbrige Wells on Saturday. I'll wave at Motogull as he rides pass to meet you.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

CLUB

RIDE

I have visitors next Saturday, so no good for me I'm afraid.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last big race of the season today then.
Can anyone stop Nibs winning Lombardy I wonder?
I saw an interesting stat on previous winners. Amazing how many riders have won it back to back. Be nice to see Dan Martin keep the trend going.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had to rejig my plans this week. Had to collect some books from RM depot nearby and be back earlier for car's MOT. Gave me a chance to have a go at one of the hills that I've bottled lately as it was close. I'm not saying I ever flew up it, but it used be my 4th hill on my old L2B training ride. Shame I never had a gps back then. Anyway, I done it. This morning I had a better stab at a new not as challenging hill and improved nicely. Maybe its coming back. At funking last.

10 is more more efficient than the funkers supplying my cadenceometer. 9 days and waiting.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So some things seem to be like the Emperor's new clothes....Baldock's work rate springs to mind.

But Nibali really does descend like a demon! :)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a rare treat.
It's a mountain biker not stood over their bike, holding a bidon, while pointing off to the middle distance.

Rachel Atherton becomes MTB world champion and World Cup champion

GoPro Run Rachel Atherton - 2015 UCI MTB World Championships / Vallnord, AND

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Rachy has dominated the Womens DH scene this year - no-one has really come close to her skills, speed & ability tbh & she is a worthy champ. Mind you, growing up riding with brothers like Gee & Dan was only ever going to help get her where she is now!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With a knee out, he corners like a motorcyclist. Which leads me on nicely to Scott Reading. He tweeted to follow him on strava, so I did. Another pretty decent ride? https://www.strava.com/activities/406125880

I have no luck with front lights. My current one is fine, if you don't want to use the button. Any comments on this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canwelum-Ul...sr=8-3&keywords=led+cycle+lights+rechargeable

Check out these SolarStorm headlamps off eBay...http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/JZ8AAOSwHnFVzDg4/$_57.JPG

On my Thursday night club rides one of our guys has a set and at £15 there as good as another guy who has a £200 front lamp, he even said next time he's just buying the £15 ones. They did look the business especially in pitch black down some unlit country lanes we were going down. Getting a set myself.

$_57.JPG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem you've just saved me some cash [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION].

I'll be doing my 'due diligence' :lol: After Dr Who, do you have any more info?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would seem you've just saved me some cash [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION].

I'll be doing my 'due diligence' :lol: After Dr Who, do you have any more info?

No not really, the guy who has them has had them a while and has been impressed. He recently did the club evening night ride Shoreham to Clapham and back so they last a good 6 hours. He's had them over a year with a fair amount of usage both on road and off road on an mtb...(whatever that is..:shrug:)

They are what they are I guess, a cheaply manufactured but very good performance lamp. His thinking he'll just buy another set if they go wrong, but at £15 a pop, it's not the end of the world.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No not really, the guy who has them has had them a while and has been impressed. He recently did the club evening night ride Shoreham to Clapham and back so they last a good 6 hours. He's had them over a year with a fair amount of usage both on road and off road on an mtb...(whatever that is..:shrug:)

They are what they are I guess, a cheaply manufactured but very good performance lamp. His thinking he'll just buy another set if they go wrong, but at £15 a pop, it's not the end of the world.

I'll have some!

By the way, a mtb is a thing of beauty, as you saw on the way back from the Amex recently.

By the way, you asked a question recently, on a 'hipster' thread, about whether all bearded people are hipsters. I meant to respond, but something came up.

So here goes.

Is a designer? Check.

Has a beard? Check.

Rides an 'old skool' racer, preferably a Holdsworth? Check.

You are hipster to the core, Bold.

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've just had a look.
I'm not sure I can cope with a separate cabled battery pack, or a lightweight mount.

I'll have some!

By the way, a mtb is a thing of beauty, as you saw on the way back from the Amex recently.

By the way, you asked a question recently, on a 'hipster' thread, about whether all bearded people are hipsters. I meant to respond, but something came up.

So here goes.

Is a designer? Check.

Has a beard? Check.

Rides an 'old skool' racer, preferably a Holdsworth? Check.

You are hipster to the core, Bold.

:)

I was strictly keeping to the geek code, so I kept quiet.

Just think yourself lucky Bold that Pogue forgot to mention 'flat cap wearer'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've just had a look.
I'm not sure I can cope with a separate cabled battery pack, or a lightweight mount.

I was strictly keeping to the geek code, so I kept quiet.

Just think yourself lucky Bold that Pogue forgot to mention 'flat cap wearer'.

I considered it, given the weekend's photo. But I stuck with the power of the pattern of three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here