Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Well done to those that stayed behind & clapped the lads off

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's a good point, but a fairly obvious answer as I'm sure you probably knew and were alluding to. They are the people who are taking the time to support the club up and down the country. If they are prepared to write off an entire Saturday for something they are passionate about then an extra 30mins in a queue is neither here nor there.

Exactly! I left 5mins early so I could get to an Xmas do in Bucks that night. Alternative was miss game altogether. It’s a huge commitment following the Albion when the Home matches are all away: don’t think many appreciate that

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's a combination of new fans, lots of kids, transport being hard and people generally not giving too much of a shit about the team.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Exactly! I left 5mins early so I could get to an Xmas do in Bucks that night. Alternative was miss game altogether. It’s a huge commitment following the Albion when the Home matches are all away: don’t think many appreciate that

I think the sensible people do and that is the majority of fans. I would just reiterate the bit about trying to avoid moving whilst the ball is in live play, try to go when the ball is dead but appreciate that might not happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trust NSC to turn this thread into a binfest on early leavers. It was merely to say well done to the loyal fans that stayed and gave the team that ovation with a clear message. It doesn’t mean anyone who didn’t stay for personal reasons isn’t loyal. Jesus.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Trust NSC to turn this thread into a binfest on early leavers. It was merely to say well done to the loyal fans that stayed and gave the team that ovation with a clear message. It doesn’t mean anyone who didn’t stay for personal reasons isn’t loyal. Jesus.

:ban:

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
i really don't get the 75 - 85 min leavers, you pay for your ticket so use it, always in seat at least 15 mins before start and never leave until players are leaving the pitch, yet some around me turn up 10 mins in and leave 10 to 15 mins before the end, i just don't understand it.

Cos in the last week i've been to 3 games and travelled approx 1024 miles
and i'd like to see my 8 year old daughter.

And more so i don't give a shit what you think.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In response to the original point of this thread....

Yes it was a nice moment. Very similar to the Boro game 2 seasons ago.
The team gave their all in an ultimately futile attempt to get something from the game.

Always happy to stay and clap the boys off the field.
This is a magnificent Brighton team and these are exceptional times.
I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite.

And merge with the 'burn anyone who has any affection for any other club' thread hijack :flameboun

As noted the last time a 'bad fan' thread surfaced, I will arrive and leave when I want. For my own reasons. Ta ra.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Always clap the team off. Great that they clap the fans. This was a great game to watch despite the result. Hate to see people leaving early (whatever the score or transport situation) and very annoying when they walk on front of you. So inconsiderate, disinterested, plastic, prawn sandwich, call it what you will ... not true fans in my book, never will be, sorry to the apologists on here, just can't agree with you. Don't come if you can't manage the full match. I'd put them all in their own section, out the back somewhere ... !

Last edited:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I have personally never left early. As people have said there are various reasons which is fair enough- free country. But I think there should be some agreed etiquette:
1) Only leave when there is a suitable break in play (goal kick, substitutions or injury)

2) Once you have decided to leave don't stop to watch play - thereby blocking others' views.

I do think this is a modern stadium phenomenon- I cannot remember it really happening on the terraces at the Goldstone (happy to be corrected)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I left my seat early but not the stadium as I was meeting a friend who was giving me a lift to Worthing.
I think this was the first time since we been at the Amex but well done to everyone who clapped them off.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have personally never left early. As people have said there are various reasons which is fair enough- free country. But I think there should be some agreed etiquette:
1) Only leave when there is a suitable break in play (goal kick, substitutions or injury)

2) Once you have decided to leave don't stop to watch play - thereby blocking others' views.

I do think this is a modern stadium phenomenon- I cannot remember it really happening on the terraces at the Goldstone (happy to be corrected)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, it did happen at The Goldstone, the big gates at the turnstiles on the East terrace were always opened around 10 minutes before the final whistle and there was always a stream of early leavers, whatever the score line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here