Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The kids Christmas party balls up !!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8226976 said:
Was Barber also SINGING autographs?

This is what caused the delay. “Can you sign this Paul?” - 80 minutes later Barber finished his reply.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Come on, it's not a queue, but a que... makes all the difference!

C46B47A5-D0AE-44E0-913D-58E02DFE57DD.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another lesson in why one should concentrate on the football and not be distracted by all this meet the player, buy the kit, touristy old bag of cabbage.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or even loyalty points - my boy started going over 20 years ago (it was once held in a night club at bottom of West Street) so he should qualify for a place near the front of the autograph queue for the rest of his life!��

This.

With descendents of super fans who went to Priestfield having the first pick of slots.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Another lesson in why one should concentrate on the football and not be distracted by all this meet the player, buy the kit, touristy old bag of cabbage.

It’s the YOUNG Seagulls Christmas Party. The average age of the ticketed guests was about 8.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Very interesting to meet them all. Knockeart was hilarious. Singing away about having too much energy. Dunky gave a withering look, laughing that he had to put up with AK all the time. Hughton, sidwell, Murray and Rosenior ever the ambassadors. Bruno gutted not to get something at Old Trafford (as was Hughton). Duffy and Goldson in particular very friendly on arrival. The only two who seemed particularly aloof were Schletto and Izquierdo, but I guess the language barrier didn’t help and they been at it for over two hours by the time we saw them.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s the YOUNG Seagulls Christmas Party. The average age of the ticketed guests was about 8.

I suppose it'll get them ready for a lifetime of ups and downs and wondering ifs !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes, but what's the point in making 100's of kids and families happy?

This holistic happiness and community nonsense, is a distraction from our core raison d'etre of the football and abusing opponents.

There was a fair amount of moaning going on to be fair (two and three quarter hour queues with kids tends to do that to you!) and plenty of opposition shirts in the halls of the Amex to abuse. I was surprised to see a yellow and green Palace shirt but it was nicely countered but a white Albion shirt from the McShane game.

All worth it in the end though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Solution: 1500 tickets for autographs
500 for Christmas Party (with the 1500 joining them after the autographs)

Or

Allotted time slots

Simple.

Its one of those proven math facts (like how planes load more quickly when general free for all rather than rows being called) that allocated time slots cause less people to be seen than the way its being done now. Granted that would mean that people would know they would or wouldnt see players in advance. Although as i said earlier, from around 11.45 there was a steward walking the queue starting from the point where people were at risk of not getting in telling them that

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Just got back to deepest darkest Wiltshire. Frustrating for my daughter not to officially meet the players. But due waiting she managed to get a few signatures. Going to camp over next time ��

castmana1

Nov 3, 2014
Had a very different experience to you with Izquierdo - he was one of the friendliest for us - greeted my little girl with a chirpy ‘Buenos Dias!’. He was a lot of fun and she instantly warmed to him. Bruno was brilliant too - my girl told him that she met him at the party two years ago - he made out like he remembered her, asked her how old she was now etc and was an absolute pleasure. Liam Rosenior an absolute gent too. 3rd time at the Christmas party for us and it goes from strength to strength as far as we’re concerned - actually one of our favourite things about the club. Took some friends for the first time this year - they’re fairly new to the area and have been to a couple of matches this season since arrival - they left astonished at how good the event was, having bought replica shirts for all of their kids, all now firm seagulls fans following today’s event. Well done Albion - love this club.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had a very different experience to you with Izquierdo - he was one of the friendliest for us - greeted my little girl with a chirpy ‘Buenos Dias!’. He was a lot of fun and she instantly warmed to him. Bruno was brilliant too - my girl told him that she met him at the party two years ago - he made out like he remembered her, asked her how old she was now etc and was an absolute pleasure. Liam Rosenior an absolute gent too. 3rd time at the Christmas party for us and it goes from strength to strength as far as we’re concerned - actually one of our favourite things about the club. Took some friends for the first time this year - they’re fairly new to the area and have been to a couple of matches this season since arrival - they left astonished at how good the event was, having bought replica shirts for all of their kids, all now firm seagulls fans following today’s event. Well done Albion - love this club.

I wonder if PB receives emails describing happy outcomes such as this and not just complaints?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It was great and not so great.
Great that the players stayed on well past the originally organised time and made a lot of kid's days in doing so. Thank you. They were all superb (and must have been bored by then).
We started queuing at 10.35 and were some of last to get to the players at 2.10. So over 100 minutes on actually getting through the doors. It was obvious why the queue was so slow once we got there, the club communicated 'no selfies', but that was being ignored by literally everyone.

Not great in that the playing staff aside BHAFC are actually an events and marketing company, that is their core business. The 'meet the players' organisation, or lack of it, was very avoidable. I suspect someone junior in the management team was cutting their teeth on this event, because it was poorly organised.

If you have a window of 90 minutes for signings, then limit the tickets for that, it does take a genius to work out that 90%+ of the kids will want to see the players so 1800 people are not going to get through, that is 20 people every minute, or one every 3 seconds.

The fact it is free is irrelevant, if you offer an event to the public then it needs to meet the necessary quality and safety standards. The squeeze in the tunnel when they tried to close the door was bordering on dangerous, especially with so many kids in there.

Not a dig at the club at all but I can fully understand people being frustrated.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Just to be clear. It wasnt 90 minutes for signings, it was rhat doors would shut at 90 mins. After that there was a further 45 mins to an hour of queing inside.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here