Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Assuming there are 2 of you, which side of the bed do you sleep?

Assuming there are 2 of you, which side of the bed do you sleep on?

• Left

Votes: 80 40.8%
  • Right

Votes: 116 59.2%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The dry side.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Left, irrespective of door location. Although in the 2 houses we've lived in during our 17 years together that has been furthest from the door as well.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Left, nearest the door at home.

If away, whatever side is nearest the door.

The same - my wife and I have had 3 different houses over the years we have been together and each time I have slept nearest the door. Never thought about it until this thread came up.

Not sure if this is a subconscious thing of me protecting her?!?! To be honest though I would rate her chances more higher in any fight!!

Also on a recent holiday she slept nearest the door - maybe I was having time off from being the night time guardian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Okay my theory is that the most dominant person in the relationship should sleep nearest the door. A man who has manned up should sleep nearest the door. A man who has allowed himself to be walked all over will sleep furthest from the door. I asked the left right question as I didn’t want to sway the discussion/poll towards this theory but knew it would come out of this.

Okay my theory is that the most dominant person in the relationship should sleep nearest the door. A man who has manned up should sleep nearest the door. A man who has allowed himself to be walked all over will sleep furthest from the door. I asked the left right question as I didn’t want to sway the discussion/poll towards this theory but knew it would come out of this.

Rubbish that.

I would say that my marriage has no dominant partner, but I however will always put myself in harms way first over my wife and children.

This even extends to always walking on the pavement closest to the road, it's not a sign of dominance it's just the natural urge to protect.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
On the right nearest the door ( To give me the better chance of escaping, thus leaving my wife to defend herself should an axe wielding, homicidal maniac break into our property ):thumbsup:

Exactly my theory though Mrs Metal Micky not too impressed when I foolishly explained it. Obviously, I rescued it on the balance of probability and a cheeky wink and reminder that I am very right handed ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here