Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scoreline at your first ever Brighton game

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
My dad has never been a sports lover but agreed to take me to my first Albion game at the Goldstone Ground in 1992 against Oxford United at the age of 11. For some reason he only had his cheque book on him and we were late getting to the ground for a 3pm kick off. After being denied entry by a South stand turnstile operator for obvious reasons, we then went to the West stand ticket office. They kindly let us into the West stand via the office. Had a quick glimpse of the inside of that stand and might have even walked past the changing rooms on our way to the West stand upper. Missed the first goal which was scored by the Albion. Might have been Gall who got it. Anyway, we lost 2-1. Still can't believe my dad tried to pay for entry at the turnstiles with a cheque. That's my lasting memory of that day:lolol:

Edit: From Wikipedia.
15 February 1992Oxford UnitedH1–26,096Robinson(not Gall) - Well, I wasn't there to see it.

Oh blimey that is a really sad tale ...... I hope your dad "saw the light " and started to go to watch the Albion with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
H v Brentford, 19 April 1958. 1-1 Third Division South Champions that season(Still the reigning champions!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here