You know you are only allowed one vote don't you :D

PS...theres no way i am even going to attempt a serious debate on this thread
Yeah I'm going green, save what's left of this wretched planet and that

Ps. go on a wind up instead it's far more interesting

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No mention of the leaders debate tonight featuring Lib Dems and SNP. Could hold the balance of power on Friday

Farron was unflappable can't believe he's only on 10%

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has "strong, stable leadership in the national interest" now been dropped?

Nope - this is today's speech
Capture.JPG

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I have always had the 'simple' view that a country needs to be economically successful. Without that, then you don't get tax revenues to pay for services. I have always viewed the conservatives as being more likely to run a successful economy (yes, they have made mae mistakes over the years), but they don't view business as being bad.

It's very easy to promise more giveaways, but the reality is that if we overtax individuals or companies, then they will either look at clever tax avoidance or relocate head-office functions to lower tax countries and have 'management charges' from these places.

You're right about May - she wan't my choice but she was in the early part of being PM winning me round. Now, I don't have confidence that she will be a great leader, but I feel that the overall balance of the Tories is superior to Labour. Their front-bench team come across as university ideologues and not in the real world.

I like your reasonable statement and argument of why you will be voting Tory in the election and totally accept the difficulty of taxing those with the most wealth. Personally as a low middle earner I would be more than happy to pay a little more tax if it ensured a better country where people were better looked after and there was investment in education, NHS and social care. However I find it difficult that we can be held to ransom by those more well off because they have means to potentially move their money elsewhere. I am not sure if it was managed properly that there would be an exodus of the top earners.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have always had the 'simple' view that a country needs to be economically successful. Without that, then you don't get tax revenues to pay for services. I have always viewed the conservatives as being more likely to run a successful economy (yes, they have made mae mistakes over the years), but they don't view business as being bad.

It's very easy to promise more giveaways, but the reality is that if we overtax individuals or companies, then they will either look at clever tax avoidance or relocate head-office functions to lower tax countries and have 'management charges' from these places.

How do you explain Germany's success then? It has a higher tax rate than the UK; higher corporation tax than the UK and a compulsory health insurance scheme for higher earners. Yet you don't see German companies look to base their head offices in lower tax regimes. And Germany is a much bigger economy than the UK's.
I think your view of lower tax = better business is a bit simplistic - there are other factors involved.

larus

I like your reasonable statement and argument of why you will be voting Tory in the election and totally accept the difficulty of taxing those with the most wealth. Personally as a low middle earner I would be more than happy to pay a little more tax if it ensured a better country where people were better looked after and there was investment in education, NHS and social care. However I find it difficult that we can be held to ransom by those more well off because they have means to potentially move their money elsewhere. I am not sure if it was managed properly that there would be an exodus of the top earners.

I also feel that when it gets to taking close to 50% of someone's income in tax, that just feels morally wrong.

There has been research carried out which proves/suggests that the tax take reduces if the rates get to high. I hate the politics of envy and we should encourage entrepreneurship and embrace success. Success for individuals leads to success for the country.

I feel that many labour voters would prefer to drag others down rather than everyone being lifted up, even if the gap increases.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tonight's Survation poll has Tories 41.5% Labour 40.5 %

And ComRes.

INDEPENDENT / SUNDAY MIRROR JUNE 2017 VOTING INTENTION AND POLITICAL POLL
The Prime Minister’s personal rating has turned negative for the first time in a ComRes poll since becoming Prime Minister, but the Conservative Party’s lead of 12 points is unchanged since last week.
Voting intention

Con 47% (+1)

Lab 35% (+1)

LD 8% (NC)

UKIP 4% (NC)

SNP 3% (-1)

Green 1% (-1)

Other 1% (NC)

(Change compared to last poll published 28 May)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I know we all have different political opinions but surely we can all agree that those Jonathan Pie videos are so effing tiresome? Talk about flogging a dead horse:

Start off looking a bit unrehearsed
Sarcastic comment about Tories
Whips himself up into a bit of fake rage
Starts swearing
Video done and repeat.

The Youtube equivalent of Ernest.
Haha. +1.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I know we all have different political opinions but surely we can all agree that those Jonathan Pie videos are so effing tiresome? Talk about flogging a dead horse:

Start off looking a bit unrehearsed
Sarcastic comment about Tories
Whips himself up into a bit of fake rage
Starts swearing
Video done and repeat.

The Youtube equivalent of Ernest.

First couple of times you see them they are funny. He is now a one trick pony who needs a new shtick.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]871858754769301504[/tweet]

Yesterday's polls put the gap between 1 and 9 points, say there was a 5 point lead could that would be mighty close to hung parliament

Betting odds no overall control now 3-1, very similar odds at this point to getting Brexit and Trump.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I also feel that when it gets to taking close to 50% of someone's income in tax, that just feels morally wrong.

There has been research carried out which proves/suggests that the tax take reduces if the rates get to high. I hate the politics of envy and we should encourage entrepreneurship and embrace success. Success for individuals leads to success for the country.

I feel that many labour voters would prefer to drag others down rather than everyone being lifted up, even if the gap increases.
Success for the individual only equals success for the country of the rich pay their fair share of taxes, and pay decent wages. They don't do either of those things. They hoard money in offshore tax havens, do as much as they can to avoid paying tax, and pay workers as little as they can get away with. You're flogging a dead horse there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do you explain Germany's success then? It has a higher tax rate than the UK; higher corporation tax than the UK and a compulsory health insurance scheme for higher earners. Yet you don't see German companies look to base their head offices in lower tax regimes. And Germany is a much bigger economy than the UK's.
I think your view of lower tax = better business is a bit simplistic - there are other factors involved.

Totally this. I look forward to [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] explanation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here