Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

SWC

Jun 2, 2016
A week later and I find myself back here again... oh the pain.

I will play my top trump first by revisiting Chubby Caroline. Our office is lucky enough to still have a staff canteen, where you can order food made on site by a "chef" (more about him later), however, this week, the chubster surpassed all levels of overindulgence by having the curry served up by the canteen. This would be most normal people's main meal for the day and to be followed later that evening by a snack. But not for Caroline, upon returning to her desk and informing the office of how full she was after the 'lovely' curry. She then opened her office draw and took out, not one... but two bags of crisps. And with the crack of a can of red bull they were quickly disposed of by the chubby chubb chubber, she then treated the office to an afternoon of belches and announcements of what her stomach was doing.

This story wouldn't be complete however, without informing you that apparently Caroline has recently lost a lot of weight thanks to Dr G.Band, visitors regularly comment on "how great she looks" or "how much weight have you lost!" Unfortunately, the cynic in me can only think "Imagine if you didn't eat so much!"

Amy Ailments has also returned this week and not only has she been discussing her recent visits to the hospital, with staff and customers alike, she has started using common phrases that have been mentioned on here before - the most grating... confused.com. "For a second then I was so confused.com"

Why anyone uses this as part of a sentence is beyond me. For me, this is the epitome of bellcheesery.

Briefly mentioned earlier is the "chef", provided by an external company, the chef regularly informs us of what he will be cooking each day and asks how many people will be eating that day, more often than not, the meal actually changes throughout the day and by lunch time you are lucky if it resembles anything close to what was originally advertised.

However, it gets even better, if there are not many diners, the chef will actually close the kitchen and go home before lunchtime and then moans for the next few days that nobody uses the canteen.

There are also a few honorable mentions to add the original list...

Charlie the Clicker - Charlie is actually a decent lad, does his work without really making a song a dance about it which is a rarity in our office, however as the name suggest, he likes to click, and this takes many different forms, this includes using his pen and desk as a drum kit, simply clicking the top of his pen lid but the worst and most uncomfortable is the physical clicking of his fingers throughout the day, he doesn't do the hand flex and click them all at the same time, he clicks each individual finger with the next one always louder than the last.

Smokey Simon - Another relatively nice guy, however, the bloke smells like an ashtray, the mix of coffee and nicotine when in a confined office, for a non smoker it is up there with sewage works and farmyards. Whilst on the point of smoking, I have been tempted to take it up based on the fact that smokers seem to get an extra 20/30 minutes additional break per day.

Apologies for dragging this on! I may need my own subfolder

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just had the following invite:

Inviting all our [company] trolls to a special Halloween costume party!

Date: Monday October 31, 2016
Time: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM

Join us for an afternoon of FOOD, DRINK, GAMES AND ALL AROUND FRIGHTENING FUN!

[Pumpkin Picture]

I'm really looking forward to this, honestly I am. Seeing what "hilarious" costumes people come to work dressed in.

Halloween is bad enough as it is, don't let it impact my work day too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the most grating... confused.com. "For a second then I was so confused.com"

Why anyone uses this as part of a sentence is beyond me. For me, this is the epitome of bellcheesery.
Absolutely SPOT ON.

You'd have to be an absolute cock to insist on using that one.

BTW, cracking overall rant. Like your work there.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Briefly mentioned earlier is the "chef", provided by an external company, the chef regularly informs us of what he will be cooking each day and asks how many people will be eating that day, more often than not, the meal actually changes throughout the day and by lunch time you are lucky if it resembles anything close to what was originally advertised.

However, it gets even better, if there are not many diners, the chef will actually close the kitchen and go home before lunchtime and then moans for the next few days that nobody uses the canteen.

:lolol:

This reminds me of Precious, the coffee stall attendant from Come Fly With Me, who makes any excuse to close up early.

precious_matt_luca_1812952c.jpg

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
A week later and I find myself back here again... oh the pain.

I will play my top trump first by revisiting Chubby Caroline. Our office is lucky enough to still have a staff canteen, where you can order food made on site by a "chef" (more about him later), however, this week, the chubster surpassed all levels of overindulgence by having the curry served up by the canteen. This would be most normal people's main meal for the day and to be followed later that evening by a snack. But not for Caroline, upon returning to her desk and informing the office of how full she was after the 'lovely' curry. She then opened her office draw and took out, not one... but two bags of crisps. And with the crack of a can of red bull they were quickly disposed of by the chubby chubb chubber, she then treated the office to an afternoon of belches and announcements of what her stomach was doing.

This story wouldn't be complete however, without informing you that apparently Caroline has recently lost a lot of weight thanks to Dr G.Band, visitors regularly comment on "how great she looks" or "how much weight have you lost!" Unfortunately, the cynic in me can only think "Imagine if you didn't eat so much!"

Amy Ailments has also returned this week and not only has she been discussing her recent visits to the hospital, with staff and customers alike, she has started using common phrases that have been mentioned on here before - the most grating... confused.com. "For a second then I was so confused.com"

There are also a few honorable mentions to add the original list...

Charlie the Clicker - Charlie is actually a decent lad, does his work without really making a song a dance about it which is a rarity in our office, however as the name suggest, he likes to click, and this takes many different forms, this includes using his pen and desk as a drum kit, simply clicking the top of his pen lid but the worst and most uncomfortable is the physical clicking of his fingers throughout the day, he doesn't do the hand flex and click them all at the same time, he clicks each individual finger with the next one always louder than the last.

Smokey Simon - Another relatively nice guy, however, the bloke smells like an ashtray, the mix of coffee and nicotine when in a confined office, for a non smoker it is up there with sewage works and farmyards. Whilst on the point of smoking, I have been tempted to take it up based on the fact that smokers seem to get an extra 20/30 minutes additional break per day.

Apologies for dragging this on! I may need my own subfolder
[MENTION=34550]SWC[/MENTION], excellent work sir! Keep us updated [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is it bellcheesery for someone to spend 5 minutes every morning popping pills for their various ailments out of crinkly packaging at their desk? I just think can't they do this at home without reminding us of illness and our own mortality? I suppose you could argue he does it for routine because otherwise you would miss a set but jesus.

Maybe it's just me.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I received an e-mail last week that was simply titled "touching base" (the lack of capital letters is an exact match to the e-mail...).

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear that said e-mail made its way to the trash folder without being opened :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

[Pumpkin Picture]

I'm really looking forward to this, honestly I am. Seeing what "hilarious" costumes people come to work dressed in.

Oh dear

I am just glad I do not work where you do. I can't stand this sort of thing, where it is compulsory to have fun at work.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

[Pumpkin Picture]

Do you get the same amount of Halloween crap in the shops in Canada that we get in the States? There are ‘pop up’ shops which open at the start of October stacked full of costumes and the stores are full of chocolate and sweets (‘candy’ as they insist on calling it here) to make the little porkers even fatter than they are if that’s possible. Some people must be making a fortune. Having said that, after New Year’s Eve it’s the best night of the year for seeing lots of very attractive women dressed in next to nothing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Do you get the same amount of Halloween crap in the shops in Canada that we get in the States? There are ‘pop up’ shops which open at the start of October stacked full of costumes and the stores are full of chocolate and sweets (‘candy’ as they insist on calling it here) to make the little porkers even fatter than they are if that’s possible. Some people must be making a fortune. Having said that, after New Year’s Eve it’s the best night of the year for seeing lots of very attractive women dressed in next to nothing.

Oh yes, Halloween is a BIG deal here too. Numerous shops stacked full of TAT and themed "candy." I just don't get what the point of it is :shrug:

Your last point is valid though. Plenty of top quality eye candy :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry but I made my one and only visit to the office this week as SASTA kicks in from tomorrow and not once, ****ing twice people said to me reach out to and a supplier said we should jump on a call.

FECKING HELL

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is it bellcheesery for someone to spend 5 minutes every morning popping pills for their various ailments out of crinkly packaging at their desk? I just think can't they do this at home without reminding us of illness and our own mortality? I suppose you could argue he does it for routine because otherwise you would miss a set but jesus.

Maybe it's just me.

As someone who takes about a dozen pills a day after various bits of my body were taken out and luzzed in the bin, I couldn't contemplate doing this anywhere other than a bathroom. It's much easier to take at the same time as you brush your teeth so it ensures that are in a daily routine even if you are away from home - unless you are a skanky git that has rotten teeth.

Taking it at work is a sure sign of attention seeking or an impending day off.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have been a little bit Zen this week, we had an inter company football game last week, I happened to be on the opposite team to a number of my office bellcheeses, retribution was delivered in spades....

However it's now over...we have a new guy in the office, when he started he was sniffing and clearing his throat, I thought he had a cold......but this has been three weeks now, this is going to happen forever....also he types like his keyboard has offended him in some way, how can anyone type so loud?

To top it all he has now taken to giving himself his diabetes injections at his desk. He lifts up his jumper and jabs himself in the side, twice a day. No one needs to see that.

A guy at our place has had a ticcly cough for years (quite literally). He was apparently advised this was weight related although the coughs kept coming and the weight stayed on.

Recently the cough has gone - which seems to be a bye product of his sex change. That is the nuclear option one supposes.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Recently the cough has gone - which seems to be a bye product of his sex change. That is the nuclear option one supposes.

Maybe I'll suggest that to him, the beard might be a bit of a problem though.

He's elevated himself to major bellcheese recently. The guy is a systems admin, renowned for being dicks of the highest order, he talks to people in a condescending manner, and has now said that no one is allowed to talk to him at his desk, they have to send him and email to let him know what they want to discuss, then he will book a meeting when he has time, to discuss and then consider resolving their issue, if it is priority.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

It's getting that way here now, there's half an aisle of shite in Morrisons. The only way to stop this is to remove all restrictions on firework sales! Halloween has no place in East Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here