Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming at Oscar!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Over-sensitive..???? really...????

I could understand him being banned if you were a poor 'damsel in distress'....but I suspect you don't exactly fit that that category.

He made a mildly sexist comment.....one which on reflection I,m sure he would agree, wasn't the greatest idea.

However...what is worse.....a mildly sexist comment against one of NSCs finest ladies, well versed in portraying herself as 'one of the lads', or...........................

someone ( A Palace troll) who tells one of our moderators to..."piss off"......????

The decision has been made, maybe best to just let it go?

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Haven't read all the posts but on the 1st one cant agree. Last night proved to my mind that we have a good 1st team squad; the only thing lacking was the ability to take our chances and finish the game off: same problem we've had for a while with whatever 11 is put out. We will most likely use the squad again in the replay as they will have to. Ulloa's 2nd goal just b4 1/2 time and GP would have been on his way.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Anyway .... did no one else think "wow" when Ulloa was announced as being in the starting XI ?

Suggested to me that we have a striker with a bit of form [2 in 2] who could easily have been rested but Oscar wanted to try that bit more for a result. The bench was very attacking too.

Nothing to see here - move on.

Aug 23, 2011
Over-sensitive..???? really...????

I could understand him being banned if you were a poor 'damsel in distress'....but I suspect you don't exactly fit that that category.

He made a mildly sexist comment.....one which on reflection I,m sure he would agree, wasn't the greatest idea.

However...what is worse.....a mildly sexist comment against one of NSCs finest ladies, well versed in portraying herself as 'one of the lads', or...........................

someone ( A Palace troll) who tells one of our moderators to..."piss off"......????

Maybe I'm in a minority but I think sexist remarks are worse than telling someone to "piss off". Even if it was meant as a joke, i didn't think it came across that way.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Quite happy with the team selection and Oscar was nearly proved right. I have no idea why the OP is so angry, excellent value for money last night and we are still in the cup, its not all over by any stretch. We can still win this tie.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
So that was a weaker team last night from OG and the OP didn't like it as we watched the Albion's goalie spend 90mins. keeping Hull at bay. But wait a min. I don't actually remember him making a great save, in fact hitting the woodwork I believe is not counted as a shot on target. The fact is most of those players got us to this stage and were again picked last night,they mostly didn't let us down.

C

CT1

It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

I read north stand chat a lot but very rarely post. But I feel like I need to log in and say that this is the most embarrassing football related post I have ever read on here.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

You sir are a ****1ng pr1ck. Don't come back.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So that was a weaker team last night from OG and the OP didn't like it as we watched the Albion's goalie spend 90mins. keeping Hull at bay. But wait a min. I don't actually remember him making a great save, in fact hitting the woodwork I believe is not counted as a shot on target. The fact is most of those players got us to this stage and were again picked last night,they mostly didn't let us down.

I don't think anyone has really suggested any of the players 'let us down' - that's not the point many have with the team that was fielded last night.

If essentially the same team is selected on Saturday against Wigan then I will be quite happy to eat humble pie and say OG did select what he believed was his best team for the Cup match. If however there are a large number of changes from what we saw last night then I think there is little doubt he used yesterday's match as an opportunity to test out certain players rather than select purely on the basis of which players would give us the best chance of a victory.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you lot are happy with seeing 7 changes for a huge FA cup game then good luck to you. We should have gone all out to win it lastnight, we didn't and paid the price and now have to face two games in 48 hours. He's de-valued the comp, end of!

Out of interest,what team would you have put out, and what is your priority,the F.A. cup, which we have a small chance of actually winning or promotion, which is still a realistic possibility?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Did we? They hit the woodwork twice and we cleared one off the line. They had 58% possession and more shots on target!

I go to watch us win, not watch squad players and Oscar gamble against prem teams.

JCL? First team are Chelsea or Spurs is my guess. I bet you couodnt even name the 3 grounds we played at prior to the Amex without the aid of Wikipedia, bugger off you utter bellend.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think anyone has really suggested any of the players 'let us down' - that's not the point many have with the team that was fielded last night.

If essentially the same team is selected on Saturday against Wigan then I will be quite happy to eat humble pie and say OG did select what he believed was his best team for the Cup match. If however there are a large number of changes from what we saw last night then I think there is little doubt he used yesterday's match as an opportunity to test out certain players rather than select purely on the basis of which players would give us the best chance of a victory.

You have to remember that Stephens is cup tied and we started with Buckley and KLL, first time for ages. The only real changes were Dunk, Chickson, Andrews and JFC (one of those is because of Stephens)

If you go back through all of our games this season it is very rare that it is the same one every week. Bruno has been rested in league games as well, and Orlandi only managed his first 90 mins against Leeds.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

But it's not a black and white situation like you've described. Oscar has to manage players over the length of a season and as such some players need game time, some need to be rested. He will certainly play a different team on Saturday and then again on Monday because they're so close together, you can't use that as evidence to back up your opinion when it happens this weekend.

Of the team last night you could say that only Chicksen and Brez were there to test them out, possibly Dunk as he hasn't played much this season. Every other player has been 1st choice in their position at some point this season. That's 3 players (not 7 like the OP said) and they all had a decent game against strong opposition. The team wasn't that much weaker than the one that beat Leeds 1-0 last week. Modern football isn't about a 1st and 2nd XI any more, you need players who can fit in at any point of the season. We still had a strong team out last night and that's a direct result of Oscar rotating players throughout the season and trusting in our younger players.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last night Oscar Garcia, like Gus Poyet before him and come to think of it just about every other manager out there made it obvious that the league is far important than the FA cup. Fine.......... But please do not contribute on other threads about how the big boys have devalued the Cup from its lofty position of yesteryear. It really does smack of hypocrisy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just reading through your list of six players, except Chicksen all have been regular first teamers at some point in the last year or two.

Buckley - not fit - or in other words, coming back from fitness; he set up the goal, almost set up another
Chicksen - not good enough - didn't do much wrong, all part of the learning experience
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle - wasn't really part of the battle, played more advanced to support Leo, but whatever
Brezovan - Distribution was poor - wasn't too bad last night, Kuszchak's hasn't been great at times this year
Andrews - terrible - mostly OK, but does get caught on the ball at times, I'll give you that one
Dunk - solid but rather have greer - Solid? Thought he was magnificent last night.

Spot in answers! JFC was claaaaaaasss last night - the team selection had no impact on the result for me!

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
it's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the f.a cup and i for one am gutted, i totally concur with robbie savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the fa cup for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of port vale but not against hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and i hope the fa in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a saturday game or you may aswell just call it the reserve team cup & we can play the games at lancing. The only thing i can think is that he doesn't understand the f.a cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
chicksen - not good enough
jfc - was always going to lose the midfield battle
brezovan - distribution was poor
andrews - terrible
dunk - solid but rather have greer

it's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more fa cup games for me whilst oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can i.

arse!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Anyway .... did no one else think "wow" when Ulloa was announced as being in the starting XI ?

Suggested to me that we have a striker with a bit of form [2 in 2] who could easily have been rested but Oscar wanted to try that bit more for a result. The bench was very attacking too.

Nothing to see here - move on.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised, and if he buried that header before half time I doubt this thread would exist but one's praising OG would.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
**** me gently ! side ways and backwards what a load of cocking rot you talk mush !!:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here