Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight,s EU vote and the margin of defeat ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You have got to admire the spirit and determination of the 'remainers/europhiles' over what is nearly three years. Credit where it is due. However you have lost. The most likely ending is WTO. Any referendum (losers vote) or an election takes longer than the date of 29th March. Changing the law will also take longer. If article 50 delay is debated then then shit hits the fan......tick tock

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You have got to admire the spirit and determination of the 'remainers/europhiles' over what is nearly three years. Credit where it is due. However you have lost. The most likely ending is WTO. Any referendum (losers vote) or an election takes longer than the date of 29th March. Changing the law will also take longer. If article 50 delay is debated then then shit hits the fan......tick tock

Parallel universe stuff. ��

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyway, who won the sweepstake? Thought I was being optimistic with 217 but it turned out I was 13 short......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Prove me wrong then sonny boy.
Read what all politicians, all political journalists and commentators and everyone INCLUDING "no deal" populists and politicians are saying and then come back to me.

Or don't actually, nonsense is boring. I'm not debating what I want or don't want. Just that your statement that leaving with no deal on the 29/3 is "most likely" is utter cock.

You'll be proved wrong without my help.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Read what all politicians, all political journalists and commentators and everyone INCLUDING "no deal" populists and politicians are saying and then come back to me.

Or don't actually, nonsense is boring. I'm not debating what I want or don't want. Just that your statement that leaving with no deal on the 29/3 is "most likely" is utter cock.

You'll be proved wrong without my help.

My word you are silly. The timetables for any wrecking motion in the guise of a 2nd ref or an election goes beyond 29th March. Article 50 delay is dynamite. Am I wrong?

Actually i think I will leave discourse there. No point with a fool. Night x

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My word you are silly. The timetables for any wrecking motion in the guise of a 2nd ref or an election goes beyond 29th March. Article 50 delay is dynamite. Am I wrong?

Actually i think I will leave discourse there. No point with a fool. Night x
Try twisting what you wrote however you like. Article 50 delay being "dynamite"means nothing. It's semantics, not facts. It's the most likely thing to happen next.....

You stated that no deal "WTO" 29/3 was most likely. We shall see.

And if you're so convinced then get your cash on as you could make a fortune.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Or - May wins confidence vote, Deal Plan B rejected, Second Referendum (and what side will May be on there?), Remain vote wins, May resigns, Tory party leadership election. That's my prediction.

A second Referendum is clearly needed to break the Brexit deadlock.

However, having ‘remain’ on the ballot paper is far from a given. I suspect the EU will force us to have it on the paper in order to agree an extension of article 50.

The essential question to ask on Brexit (and the only one deals the EU would agree too) would be the following:

Which Brexit deal do you want?

1. Norway+ (soft)
2. Maydeal (medium)
3. No Deal (hard)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

However, having ‘remain’ on the ballot paper is far from a given. I suspect the EU will force us to have it on the paper in order to agree an extension of article 50.

The essential question to ask on Brexit (and the only one deals the EU would agree too) would be the following:

Which Brexit deal do you want?

1. Norway+ (soft)
2. Maydeal (medium)
3. No Deal (hard)

I would hope everyone would be united (leavers and remainers) in condemnation of the EU if they insisted remain should be on the ballot paper in such circumstances. The decision of the content in such a referendum is the sovereign right of parliament to determine not the EU.
They wouldn’t insist though, they are not that bad.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Her flagship policy/deal is a record defeat. What rabbit does she need to pull out of the hat to have any credibility or sell to people/MPs. We have a failed prime minister and government.

We have a failed parliament, a failure of politicians to not see through the vote of the people they allegedly represent.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

I'm not sure they would extend it for a referendum that has No Deal on the ballot paper either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here