Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR today

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
havent seen footage, but if it takes more than ten seconds to judge an offside i reckon theres a problem with the offside rules.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
VAR is sooooo bad.

Sitting in the stadium bit knowing what’s going on and after all that there is still debate
What debate? He's not offside so it's a penalty - VAR has done it's job and the correct decision was made. Debate ended.

It strikes me that people who throw out this random "and there is still debate" are always the ones who are against VAR, regardless of how it's implemented.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What debate? He's not offside so it's a penalty - VAR has done it's job and the correct decision was made. Debate ended.

It strikes me that people who throw out this random "and there is still debate" are always the ones who are against VAR, regardless of how it's implemented.

People are still talking about it now, the Chelsea image from the tactical cameras they had up clearly shows he’s off side as well.

I’ve not seen the highlights back, but I thought Christianson should/Could have been sent off for a foul on Son- was that checked?

I’m not against it completely, but not in this current way.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Come on.

The “Chelsea angle” would never have been seen if that pen hadn’t been given.

That took 90 seconds and the only people who disagreed with it are the team who had the decision given against them.

What concerns me more is giving credence to arguments by people with vested interests. They shouldn’t be discrediting something just because they were on the wrong end of the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the point is the only way to be clear whether a player is on or offside is to be in line with the incident. It's no good drawing lines on the pitch and then looking at them from a skewed perspective. You were getting commentators and "experts" looking at the angle we all initially saw last night and saying that Kane was onside, how wonderful VAR is. You then see it from a different angle and it looks completely different. VAR should only be be used to overturn CLEAR errors. The lino initially gave Kane as offside. Without an angle directly across the line to prove otherwise that decision should have stood.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People are still talking about it now, the Chelsea image from the tactical cameras they had up clearly shows he’s off side as well.

I’ve not seen the highlights back, but I thought Christianson should/Could have been sent off for a foul on Son- was that checked?

I’m not against it completely, but not in this current way.

It should be used to clear up blatant mistakes. To be honest, I'm not sure it was ever needed here because the offside flag never went up in the first place. I guess they decided to be safe rather than sorry but I think there will far bigger sticks to beat VAR with than this particular example.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It should be used to clear up blatant mistakes. To be honest, I'm not sure it was ever needed here because the offside flag never went up in the first place. I guess they decided to be safe rather than sorry but I think there will far bigger sticks to beat VAR with than this particular example.

I agree, added to the confusion as there was no flag so we all assumed no issue.

Won’tet me up load the photo I won’t - but it shows Kane is offside.

Clubs will tend to have better camera views as they have more cameras around the pitch.

I mean, in this case I don’t really mind, more worried about how bad Spurs played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here