Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
VAR will be the death of this sort of debate. Where's the fun in that?

Don’t worry, it will still carry on. The ref will be invited to review their own decision on a screen by the dugout, then arrogant types (Mike Dean and Martin Atkinson) will cockily stick with their initial ‘interpretation’.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Draw was probably a fair result overall , pegged it to the train and just got on an empty Gatwick express back to Blighty

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Don’t worry, it will still carry on. The ref will be invited to review their own decision on a screen by the dugout, then arrogant types (Mike Dean and Martin Atkinson) will cockily stick with their initial ‘interpretation’.

You are right, and there will be a five minute break in play while they faff about.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After Charlton a few years ago I promised never to sit down the front due to shit atmosphere, it's a shame I broke my promise

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I have been a critic of been too defensive away from home. Pleased last 3 away games we have given it a go. Even tonight we didnt shut up shop at 2.2

I agree this is all positive, however we could have used our subs much better and earlier tonight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just got in and thank you to the Mid Sussex Freemason Lodge for allowing me to attend one of their London meetings.

First visit to the stadium and I got one of the very high up last minute tickets. I could barely make out our goals down the other end.

IMG_20190102_193606.jpg

Luckily I had a small FM radio in my pocket. Trying to find a London based commentary I was surprised to pick up Radio Sussex and enjoyed Warren talking about a miss hit ball into the crowd as "hitting the pie man".

:shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_20190102_193606.jpg
    IMG_20190102_193606.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I said it’s all about opinions. IMHO opinion Gross isn’t anywhere near the levels he was last year. You disagree ...... good for you!

Formation is different now, he’s in a midfield three and not playing the no 10 role, so isn’t having as much visible influence (assists for example). He’s below his usual standards though, quite a few wayward passes tonight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Formation is different now, he’s in a midfield three and not playing the no 10 role, so isn’t having as much visible influence (assists for example). He’s below his usual levels though, quite a few wayward passes tonight.

Fixed.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Gross has been sub-standard (sub-levels?) for a while now, but tends to avoid critique.

Well I’ve been saying he’s terrible away from home pretty much since we signed him. Too slow and weak.

Just play him in the home games with Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Annoying we yielded a two goal lead but a satisfactory point.

We were in Row 5, shocking view - why did I pay £32 to watch a big screen to work out where the ball was at the other end ?

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got up, at first glance it looks like we stuffed up a 2 goal lead.
I would have taken a point before the game.
Will watch replay and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here