Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Chris Loses The Plot- 2018/19 Edition

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hilarious!!!

I’d love to know what he actually said �� it’s like bad lip readings on YouTube, it’s now all I can see/“hear”

Definitely ‘****ing corner’ in there :lol:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Lol

It’s
“Muzza, just defend the corner”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Saw him blatantly kicking water bottles around the technical area yesterday. Big fine and ban imminent.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Get a load of our manager bigging it up, utter embarrassment. Has he no shame? He's practically saying though doesn't actually, that we're Champions League material already - he needs a big dose of humility washed down with some level-headedness.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...in-against-everton-proves-progress?CMP=twt_gu

Chris Hughton marks four years in charge of Brighton on Monday and, while he has never been one to luxuriate too fondly in his successes, could be excused a note of satisfaction. Saturday’s 1-0 win over Everton ensured they will end 2018 as the Premier League’s 13th-placed team, a victory away from reaching the top half, and the contrast with the situation he inherited is stark.

“If you said to me when I took the job that we’d be where we are now, I’m not sure I’d believe it,” Hughton said. Brighton were 21st in the Championship when he succeeded Sami Hyppia. They had won four times all season; Hughton, who had been harshly sacked by Norwich earlier in 2014, kept them up and then guided them to promotion two seasons later.

It says everything for their progress that scalps like Everton raise few eyebrows now and Hughton believes his task is to manoeuvre Brighton steadily into a position from which they have minimal need to look over their shoulders.

“I walked into a club where, from day one, I’ve had great support,” he said. “It’s impossible to do any kind of decent job without having that good support behind you.

“It is certainly a good job done well by everyone but we are still trying to develop and, if we start thinking we are better than we are, there are too many good teams that can spoil it. But overall I have to be delighted. The ambition was to get into the Premier League and of course the ambition now is to stay there. At the moment we are doing OK.”

Brighton sit 10 points clear of the relegation zone and this season is, so far, an improvement on a 2017-18 campaign in which they cleared the drop by seven. Yet Hughton remains circumspect and prefers to be mindful that clubs of their size tend to have a natural ceiling.

“We’re at a level where we can’t really afford to look upwards,” he said. “It would be nice at some stage to be thinking differently but in our progression I still think we need to [look at it] that way.

“You want to continue making progress but I am very, very conscious of how difficult it is and the level of club we are. For any club at a level like ours that has had a huge leap, at some stage they’ll level off and find it difficult. All I hope is that, as a club and a team, we can continue to make progress and see where that takes us.”

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Saw him blatantly kicking water bottles around the technical area yesterday. Big fine and ban imminent.

I'm amazed no-one removed the bottles from being so close to CH - leaving them lying around was just asking for trouble. This needs to be looked into, someone needs to be appointed to protect him from himself.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Get a load of our manager bigging it up, utter embarrassment. Has he no shame? He's practically saying though doesn't actually, that we're Champions League material already - he needs a big dose of humility washed down with some level-headedness.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...in-against-everton-proves-progress?CMP=twt_gu

Chris Hughton marks four years in charge of Brighton on Monday and, while he has never been one to luxuriate too fondly in his successes, could be excused a note of satisfaction. Saturday’s 1-0 win over Everton ensured they will end 2018 as the Premier League’s 13th-placed team, a victory away from reaching the top half, and the contrast with the situation he inherited is stark.

“If you said to me when I took the job that we’d be where we are now, I’m not sure I’d believe it,” Hughton said. Brighton were 21st in the Championship when he succeeded Sami Hyppia. They had won four times all season; Hughton, who had been harshly sacked by Norwich earlier in 2014, kept them up and then guided them to promotion two seasons later.

It says everything for their progress that scalps like Everton raise few eyebrows now and Hughton believes his task is to manoeuvre Brighton steadily into a position from which they have minimal need to look over their shoulders.

“I walked into a club where, from day one, I’ve had great support,” he said. “It’s impossible to do any kind of decent job without having that good support behind you.

“It is certainly a good job done well by everyone but we are still trying to develop and, if we start thinking we are better than we are, there are too many good teams that can spoil it. But overall I have to be delighted. The ambition was to get into the Premier League and of course the ambition now is to stay there. At the moment we are doing OK.”

Brighton sit 10 points clear of the relegation zone and this season is, so far, an improvement on a 2017-18 campaign in which they cleared the drop by seven. Yet Hughton remains circumspect and prefers to be mindful that clubs of their size tend to have a natural ceiling.

“We’re at a level where we can’t really afford to look upwards,” he said. “It would be nice at some stage to be thinking differently but in our progression I still think we need to [look at it] that way.

“You want to continue making progress but I am very, very conscious of how difficult it is and the level of club we are. For any club at a level like ours that has had a huge leap, at some stage they’ll level off and find it difficult. All I hope is that, as a club and a team, we can continue to make progress and see where that takes us.”

“Look at me”

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm amazed no-one removed the bottles from being so close to CH - leaving them lying around was just asking for trouble. This needs to be looked into, someone needs to be appointed to protect him from himself.

He stared at one for a split second.

The bottle got up and ran away.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It's not right and its not fair. How dare he jeopardise our place in this league. If he carries on with all his antics there WILL be a points deduction.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had a poke through the Sky features on us and found one with CH talking about his heroes. Number 1 was Ali - no surprise there then. One of these days, that fistpump will turn into an uppercut with him floating like a butterfly. Massive deduction incoming.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot (13).png

Camera angle conveniently poised to miss the DOUBLE fist pump under the stand. Their all trying their best to show his restraint.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here