Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Biggest Up Themselves TV Presenter?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Alexander Armstrong...supercilious, smarmy, smug and he has many bad points as well....can't stand the ar$ehole!
McIntyre very close behind.

Neither are funny and I am pretty sure their job descriptions should point to them being so?

TNBA

TTF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah yes,I forgot about James O'Brien, who has got to be one of the smuggest presenters ever to 'grace' our airways.
I've hardly ever seen him on the telly, but have tried listening to his radio show when in the car. Can't take too much of it, though.

Hell, yes....the personification of smugness and arrogance. Makes no attempt at any balanced debate on his show. Fawns over anyone who wants to remain in the EU. Derides leavers as headbangers and idiots. Ferrari ( who precedes him ) clearly favours leaving but at least tries to have a balanced conversation with those who think differently. O'Brien lasts about 20 seconds before the insults start.

Archetypal remoaner .. utter cockwomble

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hell, yes....the personification of smugness and arrogance. Makes no attempt at any balanced debate on his show. Fawns over anyone who wants to remain in the EU. Derides leavers as headbangers and idiots. Ferrari ( who precedes him ) clearly favours leaving but at least tries to have a balanced conversation with those who think differently. O'Brien lasts about 20 seconds before the insults start.

LBC are quite unique in being allowed by Ofcom to have politically opinionated presenters as long as the station as a whole shows balance. That's their brand.

If a presenter isn't winding up 50% of the audience they aren't doing their jobs.

So with that in mind a bit unfair to identify anyone on LBC.

I listen to James O'Brien quite a bit and in fairness he is quite balanced if intelligent people ring in, in particular recently there was quite a nuanced debate on first class travel.

Unfortunately, the leavers who ring LBC aren't the most intelligent and the presenter more than easily rips them to pieces. That's what he is there for.

If you have an intelligent reason for leaving the EU please ring in, it will be great radio. But be prepared, he has done his research.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jim White. Ubercock.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 18477

Clarkson by a country mile for me.

Yes but he is that good.

Top Gear with him was one of the best programmes on tele ever.

Only other guy who’s up there is Declan Donnelly for his humour on I’m a celeb. Dennis wise is a very small man, tiny :lolol:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Slightly off-topic as it's radio but Colin Murray. OK on Fighting Talk as it's a banter-fest. But he took over the long morning shift at 5 Live in the week and was poor: talking over people, cutting-in, showing-off to his woman co-presenter and totally self-indulgent. Disappointing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just saw Peston on ITV news rolling on one of his snorefest deliveries ahead of his show tonight.

Certainly showing signs of a DIY home haircut, not level by any means ear wise.

:lolol:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What is it about Breakfast TV - you've got choice between Piers Morgan, Kay Burley and Louise (I'm a triathlete, me) Minchin with Danny the talking dummy Walker. Since Piers has turned his ego-driven gun turret on the government over their Covid cock-up, I'm warming to him more.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Greg Wallace. Bellowing “cooking doesn’t get tougher than this” every five seconds, gurning and over exaggerating every facial expression while contributing nothing useful beyond the fact he got blimey loves a chocolate pud lick spoon gurn gurn etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here