Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking in Coldean for the Arsenal game

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
There are two steep bits: the first is straight out of Falmer after which it levels out for about half a mile then the second is next to the bend in the road as it climbs up towards Woodingdean. Neither are strenuous, I've seen plenty of pensioners on the path.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Careful you will have our own ex train driver Trotsky abusing you and making up some hilarious story about you.

Happy cristmas to you and the family mate.

Ah, but which one....
Seasons greetings to you and yours Dave.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I notice that all the lay-bys along to the Newmarket are used for parking now, couple of seasons ago there were tow away signs and no parking cones.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Done that walk several times. It's not that bad. It's if the weather is crap that it's horrid. Very exposed to the elements.

Did it in 30 mins going to the ground and 40 mins back. In pissing down rain. Not fun.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Done that walk several times. It's not that bad. It's if the weather is crap that it's horrid. Very exposed to the elements.

Did it in 30 mins going to the ground and 40 mins back. In pissing down rain. Not fun.

About 30 down and 2-3 mins more back up......worth bringing a torch too, more to spot the large puddles if it's been raining.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would maybe look at parking on the grass verge of the B2123.

Assume that's a piss-take - if not it's not very good advice. Every single game people do this, and every single game the cars get ticketed at £70 a pop (there were even more than usual for the Chelsea game). There are double yellow lines all the way up Falmer Road to Woodingdean on both sides (except for the couple of small lay-bys) and if you park on the grass where there are double yellows you'll get a ticket.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I notice that all the lay-bys along to the Newmarket are used for parking now, couple of seasons ago there were tow away signs and no parking cones.

The large lay-by on the A27 Newmarket area was full as I came past V Chelsea and would expect similar for Arsenal. But not sure if the Newmarket do any parking deals, they have a massive car park that is always empty.
But all this said, why not just use the free P&R? Yes there will be queues after the match but no more waiting than the long walk in the dark takes.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
About 30 down and 2-3 mins more back up......worth bringing a torch too, more to spot the large puddles if it's been raining.

Only ever done it in daylight so a torch is a good shout.

I had a massive head wind on the way back up the hill which slowed me down a lot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Assume that's a piss-take - if not it's not very good advice. Every single game people do this, and every single game the cars get ticketed at £70 a pop (there were even more than usual for the Chelsea game).

If you earn serious dosh, then paying £70 for the sake of getting away an hour or so earlier, may be a good deal. It's not my idea of value but some folk would happily pay it for less time spent stuck in traffic

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you earn serious dosh, then paying £70 for the sake of getting away an hour or so earlier, may be a good deal. It's not my idea of value but some folk would happily pay it for less time spent stuck in traffic

....fair point. Probably £35 if paid within 14 days too........ :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here