Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The clever thing, if they are flying the drone again, is to only start doing it after dark so it's harder to track. If they are after longer term disruption they could also not do anything for a few days then start again.

it's a tricky one alright

what motive? absolutely baffled me :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The maximum possible sentence is five years. The government could change the law but it can't be applied retrospectively.
What if they're somehow found guilty of doing it 10 times in the last couple of days?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Inside info (again)...

A dispatcher saw FIVE drones above a BA Flight just about to push off. Not sure if he/she had been on the sauce, but that's the info.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What if they're somehow found guilty of doing it 10 times in the last couple of days?

Lawyer will convince the jury that the bullying they were subject to as a child, and the fact their mum didn't buy them new trainers left them emotionally unstable and the drone flying was a cry for help. They'll get a small fine (with time to pay, obviously) and some treatment, including a two week stay at a spa hotel in Cyprus

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It would be treated as the same offence. If you're clocked by two different speed cameras doing 100mph on the motorway, you don't charged twice. You could have two separate charges if they were at different airports but it would be very, very unusual to have two separate sentences running consecutively.

Just spoken to a mate who’s a copper at Gatwick, they’ve been told it’s being treated as a terrorist contingency......what ever that means

Well, that does change the sentencing. The police have been adamant that they're not treating it as terrorism: if they are, I think the maximum sentence is life imprisonment

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Poor WJA4101. Just passing over Carlisle on its way BACK to Glasgow. They left Glasgow at 16:12, flew down and circled over Hassocks a few times.
The passengers departed Toronto on Thursday, toured Wales and on to Scotland. Hope the passengers apreciate the tour they're getting.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It would be treated as the same offence. If you're clocked by two different speed cameras doing 100mph on the motorway, you don't charged twice. You could have two separate charges if they were at different airports but it would be very, very unusual to have two separate sentences running consecutively.

Well, that does change the sentencing. The police have been adamant that they're not treating it as terrorism: if they are, I think the maximum sentence is life imprisonment

Perhaps not life but the ****ers deserve more than five years.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Not quite. You’d struggle to argue that this is a continuation of the same offence as the drones have come down and gone back up. You certainly wouldn’t get a charge for each time it’s seen - but I would expect a charge for something like each day.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I think most of those hanging around at the airport and those poor sods on the Westjet flight as mentioned by [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] will happily declare they have been terrorised. Good enough for me!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Objecting to a second runway? Carbon footprint of planes?

That’s my thinking, specifically an anti Gatwick issue, with no where else targeted. I work with people who live in the rejigged flight paths over Uckfield/Crowborough/T.Wells/Lingfield, and apparently it’s the same west of Gatwick ... a mass loathing of Gatwick and the cocky Geordie CEO Wingate. Very organised middle-class protest organisations, firing off emails and letters complaining and more.

I have gently mentioned to some, that they too fly in and out of Gatwick far more than they used to.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
nipped out in Shoreham an hour ago for a few liquid essentials, and noticed a lot of lights in the sky.

TBH, I know it's monumentally disruptive and upsetting for people what want/can afford to fly places, but I find it quite amusing how what's effectively a ****ing nerd with a remote control flying toy has spasticated half the country.

Taking back control! This country couldn't win a game of draughts let along anything serious or vaguely important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here