Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spurs new stadium - will it be ready ??

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Spurs have very much benefitted from their 'blue' being VERY appealing. Looks amazing in a whole stadium.

For example, it wouldn't quite so sexy in Watford yellow would it? That blue is just CLASSY. See Seattle Sounders stadium for a similar appeal.

You really can see the NFL influence on it's design, in my opinion.

Found it bizarre people were mocking them for the delays. It was always going to look MEGA. As experts in waiting for something mega, we should know another few months is NOTHING.

Shame is that an amazing stadium like that is located in one of the most dreary and hostile areas of London (I know, I used to live round there for a while).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have always and still do the North Stand at the Amex is very poor and should have been bigger than the south slightly, it would give more a threatening look and having roughly the same in the North and away sometimes is not an advantage it should be.

Originally the north was originally going to be for away fans and south for Brighton.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Starting every sentence with "Soooooo" is just the modern day equivalent of "Errrrrrrrrr". It's just a verbal delaying tactic whilst the brain comes up with an answer!

They are both horrible and are only used by the intellectually challenged!

er... so, like prince charles you mean?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing stadium, the 'Wall' end behind the goal looks awesome as does the dark blue seating. The key thing though is getting the singers in the Wall section.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That looks amazing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So when will it have its first league game?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So when will it have its first league game?

After all the false starts, Levy refuses to put a date on it now. They still don't know.

Strictly speaking, they shouldn't even be allowed to play there till next season.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wasn't the first game there scheduled to be v our U23s as the ramp up event ? i'm not sure if that game has been played elsewhere or is still the designated 1st match .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't the first game there scheduled to be v our U23s as the ramp up event ? i'm not sure if that game has been played elsewhere or is still the designated 1st match .

It was, and it has been played elsewhere at the same time

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
After all the false starts, Levy refuses to put a date on it now. They still don't know.

Strictly speaking, they shouldn't even be allowed to play there till next season.

I am impressed with the anger you have towards this

More than any Spurs fan

As I said I’m impressed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am impressed with the anger you have towards this

More than any Spurs fan

As I said I’m impressed

What do I have to be angry about ? Its no skin off my nose. I'm always very interested in stadium builds though, and like to keep an eye on them. This one has been particularly interesting to me, because it has turned into a complete and utter debacle and is now a high-profile PR disaster. Now I'm just rubbernecking the fallout.

All entirely avoidable if they'd just been honest from the outset, and announced 2 seasons at Wembley instead of 1.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What do I have to be angry about ? Its no skin off my nose. I'm always very interested in stadium builds though, and like to keep an eye on them. This one has been particularly interesting to me, because it has turned into a complete and utter debacle and is now a high-profile PR disaster. Now I'm just rubbernecking the fallout.

All entirely avoidable if they'd just been honest from the outset, and announced 2 seasons at Wembley instead of 1.

That’s why I’m so impressed, it doesn’t affect you at all minus 1 game

Not sure it is as a bigger PR disaster as you make out, no one will care or remember the delay once Spurs are in.

I agree, should have said two seasons but here we are.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Glad that i am not the CEO of the firm that,s building it as the owners of THFC will not let you get away with this !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That’s why I’m so impressed, it doesn’t affect you at all minus 1 game

Not sure it is as a bigger PR disaster as you make out, no one will care or remember the delay once Spurs are in.

I agree, should have said two seasons but here we are.

It HAS been a PR disaster - you've only got to trawl the Spurs messageboards on the subject to see the amount of anger and frustration this has caused, not to mention the ramifications of binning off the scheduled NFL games.

It'll all be alright in the end, but up until now, its been a clusterfvck of the highest order.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It HAS been a PR disaster - you've only got to trawl the Spurs messageboards on the subject to see the amount of anger and frustration this has caused, not to mention the ramifications of binning off the scheduled NFL games.

It'll all be alright in the end, but up until now, its been a clusterfvck of the highest order.

It is very UnLevy-like but any stadium built in London seemed to be delayed and/or overbudget. Wembley was a mess, the London Stadium was a mess, the Millenium Dome too. Even the Emirates was £100mill overbudget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here