Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The man from uncle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got me thinking back to some of the soaps in the mid-1960s, the obvious ones like Coronation Street and Crossroads, with Mrs.Richardson and Sandy and his wheelchair. Then there was one called the Newcomers which I’m sure had Wendy Richard and Jenny Agutter starring in it.

There were the two hospital soaps, Emergency Ward 10 and Doctor Kildare.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Z Cars was very good - although it lost its way towards the end. I think you and I are slightly too young to appreciate the impact that Z Cars had on television. It may look soft and cosy now but it was revolutionary in the early 60s, seen as very hard-hitting with a more realistic view of police officers.

Dixon of Dock Green, on the other hand, was turgid rubbish, with the oldest copper in western Europe patrolling the streets.

I used to work with a chap that had the Z cars theme tune as his phone ringtone . I assumed that he must have been an Everton fan however when asked he responded that he was actually a Spurs fan .
Prompted further about the ring tone he let me know that he was previously PC Quilley in Z cars . My mums favorite actor . Top bloke is Douglas . :thumbsup:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The original Shaft with Richard Roundtree was magnificent. Knocks spots of a modern day Idris Elba.

Oh and The Streets of San Francisco cos no one has mentioned it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm still trying to find that dry cleaners shop in New York that they used as their secret entrance

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anyone understand the plot of The Prisoner? Complete twaddle.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
5 pages and no mention of Mission Impossible, Captain Scarlet, Casey Jones, The Banana Splits, The Monkees.....

Because they're all 70's! Blimey, this thread has just morphed into name a TV programme from the last 50 years...! Get back on track - why has no one mentioned that ace aquatic crime-fighter...

FLIPPER!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Nope, but Patrick Moohonen or however you spell it turned down Bond...twice!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

I have never thought of it that way before but you are right.

Extraordinary rendition of someone to a camp where they are kept under under constant observation and repeatedly interrogated under duress?

Clearly an utter fantasy...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Because they're all 70's! Blimey, this thread has just morphed into name a TV programme from the last 50 years...! Get back on track - why has no one mentioned that ace aquatic crime-fighter...

FLIPPER!

Mission Impossible was first shown in 1966 Captain Scarlet 1967 Casey Jones 1957 Banana Splits 1968 The Monkees 1966 So yes you must be correct that they are 70s shows, silly me for thinking that they were first shown earlier than the 70s.

I will now ensure that I don't post such incorrect information

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mission Impossible was first shown in 1966 Captain Scarlet 1967 Casey Jones 1957 Banana Splits 1968 The Monkees 1966 So yes you must be correct that they are 70s shows, silly me for thinking that they were first shown earlier than the 70s.

I will now ensure that I don't post such incorrect information

Well, er, I saw the repeats then...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone remember a kids programme - I think it was on ITV - about a magician who was a detective? It was called Ace of Wands and was shown in the late 60s. I absolutely loved that programme but I think it only lasted two series

Had a great theme tune too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone remember a kids programme - I think it was on ITV - about a magician who was a detective? It was called Ace of Wands and was shown in the late 60s. I absolutely loved that programme but I think it only lasted two series

Had a great theme tune too.

wands.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here