Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To the bell ends who booed Locadia when he came on

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Got to love the differing opinions on players, I think he’s quality, but then again I think Locadia would be good for us...if he got a run of a few games. So what do I know :shrug:

Absolutely...I used to think Murphy was dreadful, but others thought he was brilliant...and some people used to think Barnes was rubbish and I thought he was brilliant.

It's all about opinions mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Absolutely...I used to think Murphy was dreadful, but others thought he was brilliant...and some people used to think Barnes was rubbish and I thought he was brilliant.

Murphy was pretty average and was never going to make it in the Prem. I highly doubt Propper will go down as one of our greatest ever players but statistically he's on par with Stephens so not exactly rubbish but neither of them are there to do the spectacular in the system we play. They're there to contain and they do play that role well enough.

I remember watching Propper's first game for the club last year and he was absolutely appalling. Constantly giving the ball away and looked totally out of his depth, but after a few games he grew in confidence and adapted his game from the much slower Dutch league. If a new manager came in and wanted to attack more or play some kind of rapid counter attack football I'm sure he would be shown the door fairly promptly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
CH should star Andone and/or Locadia away from home (Muzza rarely delivers away) to see what they can actually do. If he persists with Murray as the first name on the sheet away from home then we'll NEVER move forward. If A and L leave without being given a proper chance, it's terrible mismanagement. ...IMHO.

Locadia is clearly frustrated although Hughton robustly defended him in public last week. And Locadia played 70 odd minutes away at Newcastle and Man City. Albion tracked Andone and made multiple offers across 3 transfer windows and over 2 years. He's so far been fit for 8 games, been on the bench for all of them bar one, and has come on in the last 3. And Glenn Murray ahead of them has as many goals as Kane, Aguero and Sterling and still in the form of his life.
Is this really terrible mismanagement ?
Would Poco drop Harry Kane ? Would Pep drop Aguero ? (not this season. As both are ever presents)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Both were fairly average to be honest.... I would put them in the current very average basket with Locadia and March.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kjgood

I really understand that as a footballer he really wants to play and is frustrated at his lack of opportunities, but he obviously hasnt shown enough in training to dislodge the third best leading goalscorer in the premier league this season. Football is a results orientated game and whilst Murray keeps scoring he's going to be in the team.

I wouldnt boo any Albion player myself, there are those who do, but thats their right I suppose however I do disagree with this.

A thought:

I wonder if my boss will let me sit at home for a year and still pay me would I complain that I wanted to leave?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Locadia is clearly frustrated although Hughton robustly defended him in public last week. And Locadia played 70 odd minutes away at Newcastle and Man City. Albion tracked Andone and made multiple offers across 3 transfer windows and over 2 years. He's so far been fit for 8 games, been on the bench for all of them bar one, and has come on in the last 3. And Glenn Murray ahead of them has as many goals as Kane, Aguero and Sterling and still in the form of his life.
Is this really terrible mismanagement ?
Would Poco drop Harry Kane ? Would Pep drop Aguero ? (not this season. As both are ever presents)

That's all fair but I did say 'if CH persists' in staying loyal to Murray away from home, at the expense of starting the new guys, then it will be mismanagement, and I still believe that. Murray [I am a fan of him!] rarely delivers away from home; so that would be the place to be starting with Andone or Locadia. I really don't think there's much to lose away from home, it's not exactly a big gamble on points. Andone [even Locadia] may turn out to be better than Murray away, but CH won't find out unless he starts them regularly. Murray just needs one injury at his age and that could be the end for him [I hope not]; and if the other two have not by then been fully integrated into a playing style that suits their skills [and possibly CH needs to adjust his tactics] then we could be in trouble.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's all fair but I did say 'if CH persists' in staying loyal to Murray away from home, at the expense of starting the new guys, then it will be mismanagement, and I still believe that. Murray [I am a fan of him!] rarely delivers away from home; so that would be the place to be starting with Andone or Locadia.

We're only 13 games in and Hughton's loyalty to Murray has completely paid off. That said its pretty likely that Andone definitely and Locadia probably will get more chances perhaps as early as this Saturday. Of course if they start knocking them in as Murray has, then they'll play even more..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think Murray would struggle to knock them in coming on as an 86th min sub.

well maybe not but i mean when they start or get more than a few minutes.
eg: Locadia has played two lots of 70 minutes this season as well as the multiple 10-20 mins with no goals.
If Andone/Locadia started at Hudds and he might and scored and kept scoring then Hughton is more likely stick with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here