Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was there that many round you? Always thought it can seem more than it actually was...-and hardly anything round me.....still there’s always been a fickle element..will always be
Yeah there's always a fickle element. We all give Hughton our ideas about what the team does or should do in the match but nothing too heavy.

I heard some boos from below me and above, none very close though and not all that many.

It was a VERY disappointing second half though. [emoji45]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m going to start booing in the Bridge car park soon..at the rate it’s going I might as well not bother try to bother leaving and stick around for the next home game :moo:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

OK, since the start of the 2016/17 season, encompassing the season we went up and the one we stayed up, name me a worse performance at home than what we witnessed today. We were better against Wolves as although they were all over us we at least created something, and we were playing 11 of them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
OK, since the start of the 2016/17 season, encompassing the season we went up and the one we stayed up, name me a worse performance at home than what we witnessed today. We were better against Wolves as although they were all over us we at least created something, and we were playing 11 of them.

Ah ..don’t agree but I can see where you’re coming from :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Frustration can flood over in many different guises. The comments about losing CH and slipping back down to the Championship are ridiculous. Did Leicester when they sacked Ranieri? Have Watford with their constant management changes? West Ham? Palace? Southampton? Oh no because we are Norwich incarnate. Today was an absolute shambles in the second half. Home, one man up, no change in shape. Sorry today was an embarrassment and if people want to show their frustration they have every right. Oh and has anyone ever thought we may go down with CH, not in spite of him?
You are not allowed to say things like that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The premier league is hard. We're not perfect. Why don't you man up a bit?
Nothing to do with 'manning up. More to do with seeing out a game, 1 nil up against 10 men and not going into defensive mode-again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Calm down calm down ..I don’t agree with your general negativity ok....but it’s where you are at normally

Hmmmm... I do enjoy a bit of patronising. I'd love you to find my 'general negativity' because I just say things as I see them and if we play fantastically well I'll call it. If we play like dogs shit I'll call it. Have you got a problem with calling us when we have a bad game?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing to do with 'manning up. More to do with seeing out a game, 1 nil up against 10 men and not going into defensive mode-again.

“Seeing out” is exactly where it goes wrong and so often does in football. A team, at home with a man advantage should play positively to try to score more goals, rather than seeing the thing out. That approach fails.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmmmm... I do enjoy a bit of patronising. I'd love you to find my 'general negativity' because I just say things as I see them and if we play fantastically well I'll call it. If we play like dogs shit I'll call it. Have you got a problem with calling us when we have a bad game?

Hot and cold ..oh I see

Good news though I can leave the car park ..frustrating afternoon all round ta ta

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

The manning up quote wasn't aimed at our players.

We had to sit back because they were so dangerous on the break. I think CH was right not to push up too much as we could have been badly exposed to that line of attack. Unfortunately we didn't see out the game because of a poor tackle by Kayal. Bruno and Knockaert didn't take advantage of the man advantage they had down the left, and everywhere else we were man-for-man

Ch does see the season as a whole rather than game by game, and I'm sure he wanted to get as many minutes as he could into Propper and Gross' legs. That was a gamble that didn't pay off in the end today, but might well see us better off in the coming fixtures

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Was rather disappointed hearing C.H.'s after match interview.
It all seemed a bit accepting of the fact that we drew a game we should have won and I can't recall any acknowledgement about a poor second half.
An anaemic interview, I think describes it best for me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
a

Well clearly there has to be at least one C*NT on here to actually defend CH and everything he's achieved at the Amex

Harsh! We all love Chris, but I remember Mike Bailey and wouldn’t want to see him chopped for dull play. Today’s is another frustration in a life time of Albion frustration I guess! Be lovely to see us score without continually switching to defence mode immediately after, even with a player advantage or against so called weaker teams like Cardiff.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, what we want is for our players and management team to show a bit of back bone and see out a game, the majority of which was played against ten men and a goal up. Second half performance was awful by all accounts and that’s down to Hughton’s negative tactics in the second half.

The same negative second half tactics we saw against United, West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here