Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any news on Dunk?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Argus : "Weeks, not months".

Literally this means less than 2 months ( ie under 9 weeks ), but if this statement is taken more holistically then worst case it could be 1 or 2 more weeks than 9 ?

The full Hughton quote that the Argus are reporting is this.

"“At the moment it doesn’t lookl[like a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks.”

via: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16590167.chris-hughton-relieved-by-update-on-lewis-dunk/

Liverpool and Fulham look out ...then the international break...
Southampton (17th Sept) is 3 weeks, Spurs is 4 weeks.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Although available for most, didn't they miss the start? I thought so, but it's a while ago so I may have remembered that wrong.

Had Kayal have been fit, we'd have played him until Propper was ready.

Indeed, overall we didn't have too many. But we did have some at the start, we weren't overly fortunate. Most sides don't lose many players with injuries.

I presume they're not going to know whether a player is injured or just hasn't been selected. Kayal broke his leg in pre-season, and wasn't available for a few months.

1) March started the first few games at least. I think Baldock was injured at that point and I thought he was injured for a while before he told someone that he was fit but not selected.
2) I agree. We did have Sidwell on the bench for the first game but I think he had a dodgy back and was never seen again.
3) We did seem to be relatively fortunate overall, especially considering serious lack of cover in some areas. The stats back that up somewhat, assuming they refer to the 25 man squad, although of course they don't take into account the importance of the players. Obviously we got caught out in the middle at the start and then up front a little later (Murray had an injury and then Hemed got suspended and then Brown was ruled out for the season).
4) The data was taken from physioroom.com who seem pretty reliable and seem to have our current injuries correct with the latest quotes as to their status. I see no reason for them not to know that Kayal had a broken leg - it would have been pretty easy for them to find out. Watford, Palace and West Ham had more than double the days lost than us and I seem to recall them complaining about having large swathes of their first team out injured! You're always going to get some injuries but thankfully we didn't get too many.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I presume they're not going to know whether a player is injured or just hasn't been selected. Kayal broke his leg in pre-season, and wasn't available for a few months.

The stats people that compile those tables ?
Albion were nominated last season for a Prem League medical award because they only had one long term injury and so few players that were unavailable.
They won the equivalent Football League award the season before.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...n-nominated-for-premier-league-medical-award/

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
NEWS: Dunk Scores

Lewis-Dunk-1310849.jpg

Knockaert chases him for 20 minutes all over pitch.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I keep reading this, but I can never understand it. Didn't Kayal, Sidwell, March and Baldock all miss a good chunk at the start of the season because of injury? We know how Chris likes to give new players time to get used to our system and also the PL, but he was forced to start with Propper and Gross from the beginning. Propper was a liability at the start as he was finding his feet, but Chris had no options.

None of the injuries were key, losing Dunk for `weeks` is a big blow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
None of the injuries were key, losing Dunk for `weeks` is a big blow.
I'd say Kayal breaking his leg in pre-season was a big deal. As it turned out, Propper made the position his own, but we didn't know he would, and it took him time to get going. And we had no cover, so he had to play every minute along with Stephens.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope Dunky is back soon,no matter how good our new signings are.He's still top banana.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The full Hughton quote that the Argus are reporting is this.

"“At the moment it doesn’t lookl[like a long time out], so that’s a positive.
“It’s certainly not as bad as it might have been. How long we don’t know but we are probably talking weeks.”

via: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16590167.chris-hughton-relieved-by-update-on-lewis-dunk/

Liverpool and Fulham look out ...then the international break...
Southampton (17th Sept) is 3 weeks, Spurs is 4 weeks.

There's a LOT of wiggle room in there – somewhat understandably. Even though many people will hang onto this 'weeks, not months', I wouldn't be surprised if LD was be absent for longer than that. Maybe [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]'s guess will turn out to be right???

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
The way Balugan came on and played then I'm not particularly worried about losing Lewis for a few weeks

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes Balogun did well but what if he or Duffy get injured or sent off?
Then we are down to Ben White or a full back playing centre half, ok in the Championship but not in the PL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here