Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He didn't break the Ryan story.

I've looked very hard at sports reporting in many different sports. He comes up very short compared to the best sports journos. That's all.

Or he could be Adrian Wojnarowski like, except far easier given he's covering the one big team.

If Naylor said 2+2=4 you'd be desperate to to find a way of criticising that. Such a contrived ant-Naylor agenda. Cheap, boring and childish.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If we had signed the same player for £1m would people be excited?

Lets be honest none of us know who the hell he is and are just excited at spunking £16m and assuming he is worth it.

I am sure he is though.

Not sure we'd get a Columbian international for £1m million given they are ranked 5th in the world.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If Naylor said 2+2=4 you'd be desperate to to find a way of criticising that. Such a contrived ant-Naylor agenda. Cheap, boring and childish.

If you say so Andy. I'm not British, so I have no reason to like or dislike him.

I just think he does a bog average job and it's miles below the standard of sports journos i'm used to. No agenda, just an observation.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If you say so Andy. I'm not British, so I have no reason to like or dislike him.

I just think he does a bog average job and it's miles below the standard of sports journos i'm used to. No agenda, just an observation.

What's your nationality got to do with it? And another childish response in calling me Andy. Knew you'd do that!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Some on here are doing the reverse bed wet, the guy hasn't even signed and people are pi55ing on the ceiling with excitement!

Listen pal, I've had ten, twenty, thirty years plus of getting excited over picking up rejects from bigger clubs on free transfers. Consequently I'd get excited if we spent 5 mil on Donald Duck.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What's your nationality got to do with it? And another childish response in calling me Andy. Knew you'd do that!

Of course you did. Why else would you give a **** what someone thinks of a hack local journo if you didn't have a stake in it.

Anyway, move on.

Brilliant signing this one.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This. There is a place for concern, not everything goes right all the time but what gets me is the lack of humility of the doom mongers. I would have a great deal more respect if they would just occasionally come out and admit they may have made a mistake.
The same old faces did the same last year. And then even though we went up, had the cheek to suggest this year was 'same old, same old' type of thing. Paradoxical.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They'll be back as soon as we (in all likelihood) lose to City.

"I know Man City are favourites for the league but Bruno was WOEFULLY exposed for his lack of pace by Sterling, and the new midfielder was SLOPPY in possession...it's a big step up and on that evidence it's going to be a very long season."

Etc etc. Smug and patronising when there's nothing happening, nowhere to be seen if we're winning or if there's good news to celebrate. And they claim to be supporters as much as you or I, who are just frustrated that the club is "wasting this golden opportunity". They're not supporters, they're followers. The key part of being a supporter is offering support. As far as I'm concerned, they can follow off.

Couldn't agree more. I will never understand why they waste their time supporting something they take so little enjoyment out of. We saw it as soon as we conceded against Madrid - the same old posters immediately found a target in Maty Ryan and attacked like the vultures they are. I do like [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] suggestion of a sub forum "Post your negative drivel here" - then the rest of us can discuss the club in a reasonable way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where has Kaz gone? Have I missed something?
Maybe I was being a touch presumptive but still, the loanee sicknote is more likely to be a casualty of this deal than one of Chris' first signings who has always been available. (no matter how much some on here would prefer him not to be)

If we had signed the same player for £1m would people be excited?

Lets be honest none of us know who the hell he is and are just excited at spunking £16m and assuming he is worth it.

I am sure he is though.

I'll hazard a guess it's the statement of intent by the purchase, as much as the actual purchase.
It sure as hell beats bibbling on about 'inflated markets'.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Always thought we'd be after a winger especially with the Haraguchi/Cafu/Lawrence links. Seems strange PB didn't mention it as a position to strengthen.

The squad is really starting to shape up and i'm sure we're not done yet. Happy days.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Of course you did. Why else would you give a **** what someone thinks of a hack local journo if you didn't have a stake in it.

Anyway, move on.

Brilliant signing this one.

No stake in it. Just hate gratuitous criticism of anyone. There is so much of it on NSC. We live in a world where people go out of their way to criticise, justified or not. Presumably they enjoy it!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Murray,
Gross,
Izquierdo, Stephens, Propper, Knockaert
Suttner, Dunk, Duffy, Bruno
Ryan

Hemed, Brown, March and Murphy on the bench?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here