Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparks - Edith Piaf (said it better than me)

Jul 7, 2003
Just listening to the new album now while the Mrs watches the latest crap murder/drama on ITV.
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and I saw them on the "two hands one mouth" tour a few years ago. Stripped back tour which could have been utter crap but which was actually a brilliant showcase of their talent. Best bit was when Ron stepped out from behind his keyboard and started madly dancing for a minute before returning to his normal self. If you ever get to see them live, spend some time watching Ron as although he appears to be doing nothing he is full of little looks and facial movement.

I know a lot of purists are not keen but I really love the Plagiarism album which has some great reimaginings of their own songs.

Jul 7, 2003
Just got to the title track. You have to wonder about what goes on in their heads to write this stuff. Totally bonkers but wonderful.

Just found the thread again

Well, I’d like to call myself a Sparks expert that knows each and every album of theirs back to front. Now I’ve had several listens I’ll put this one right up in the play off positions, it captures almost every style of theirs since 1971

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here